Help - Refund Process Collapsed

tml12345
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Community,

Firstly, thank you for looking over this post - any help at all would be greatly appreciated as I am in a really bad place right now.

On 28th August 2020, I sent £50 for a service which did not come as described and was in fact a scam. Following this, I noticed that the payment amount had been sent twice meaning I was now £100 down.

This complaint makes up two parts:

One - there is a duplicate transaction for the same service. Therefore one amount of £50 should be refunded.

Two - the amount that was authorised (1x £50) should also be refunded as the service was not as described and was a scam. The seller has agreed to a refund but was only willing to offer £48 of the £50, as she was charged by PayPal for handling. 

I raised this to PayPal in August 2020 but I have been suffering from long Covid and also having to deal with multiple family bereavements which resulted in me not keeping up with the process and ultimately the offer expired from the seller. Now that I am back to somewhat good health I am able to pursue this amount again however PayPal will not let me reopen the case for the service not as described/scam. PayPal won't let me report the duplicate payment as it immediately closed my case and said ineligible for buyer protection - I don't understand this as surely PayPal would want to keep users safe even if this is spotted 3 months down the line in a similar manner other financial institutions would assist if this happened with a bank for example - they wouldn't turn around to you and go 'oh, sorry your fraud is 3 months ago, we can't help at all - if that was the case banks would no longer be in business. 

I am really feeling let down by PayPal here and in a bad place mentally and financially so any support would be really appreciated PayPal community.

Thanks,

TML

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.