Help! PayPal is holding my funds hostage

WandaCarter
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I received a sum of money and tried to transfer it into my bank account.  My account was automatically restricted.  I did everything PayPal told me to do to lift the restrictions, but nothing happened.  A CSR told me that I completed everything and that the restrictions would be lifted in 24 hours.  Needless to say, my account is still restricted.  Has anyone dealt with this before?  I am tempted to file a permanent injunction against PayPal to stop them from restricting me from transferring funds into my bank account, especially since I have been a long time customer who has never had an issue with PayPal before.  This does not seem legal, nor ethical.  

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Teslafan101
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

where does the money come from?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@WandaCarter 

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.

OR
have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.