Help! Multiple Fraudulent Charges on my account

ericb0216
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I'm asking for help. I recently checked my phone to my surprise that I've been charged multiple times by vendors saying I've bought gift cards. A PSN 50 dollar card, a Nintendo Shop 50 dollar card and a Google Play 50 dollar card. I didn't make any of these purchases, I believe they're from foreign countries too. What should I do? This has never happened to me before. I already changed my password and removed my debit card from my paypal account but my bank account is still linked. Here's another thing, 2 of the transactions have been refunded, while one is still pending authorization and it looks like one went through. I've tried reporting these to the resolution center but it gave me this message "We’re sorry, you can’t file a case on this type of transaction.". I don't really know what else to do this has never happened to me before. Any help would be appreciated. I've changed my passwords as well and turned on two factor authorization everywhere. I'm also probably gonna lock my debit card. 

Also these are where the charges are coming from: Gamersvalley Private limited, KORSIT BV, Virtual Commodity Supplier, SEA Gamer Mall Sdn. Bhd.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

mlewis49
New Community Member

I was informed by email that PayPal was depositing money in my bank account as payment for a transaction. Since I had made no transactions and had never given PayPal my bank account number I grew suspicious and on checking found that someone had supposedly had a transaction with me which they paid PayPal and PayPal had credited to my credit card. Except it wasn't a credit card that I currently have, to my knowledge have ever had, and most importantly it is not the credit card I had registered to my account. The person who I supposedly had the transaction with apparently filed a complaint with PayPal within hours ( a very suspiciously short period time) and PayPal claims to have refunded his money. Now PayPal is trying to extort me to repay the money which they paid into the phony credit card account.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.