Help, I think I've been scammed!

michelle21689
Contributor
Contributor

I bought clothes from a website almost two weeks ago and did not receive any confirmation that it was sent. I contacted them through Facebook. At first they said they will ship it, then they said it was out of stock, and now they blocked all people from contacting them and disabled comments on their page. They've been unresponsive now. I tried to report the problem on PayPal to get a refund but it keeps asking me to get in contact with the seller, so instead I put that it was an unauthorized charged commenting on my issue. How likely will I get my money back? There is no proof that this has been sent to me.

Also, the next week (today) I noticed another unauthorized charge, I think maybe it might be related to the website clothing store. I changed my password on here so I don't know if that helps. 

So I reported the charges, now what? How long did it take for you to hear back and were you successful? If I lose, I'd be out almost $100.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@michelle21689 

Shouldn't have filed Unauthorized Payment as that is for transactions made without your permission via unauthorized access of your account.  Call PayPal asap to change the claim reason before they rule and deny the claim. Change it to Item Not Received.

Contact customer service for assistance:

Click HELP at the top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US.

Say "Live Agent" to the automated recording.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@michelle21689 

Shouldn't have filed Unauthorized Payment as that is for transactions made without your permission via unauthorized access of your account.  Call PayPal asap to change the claim reason before they rule and deny the claim. Change it to Item Not Received.

Contact customer service for assistance:

Click HELP at the top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US.

Say "Live Agent" to the automated recording.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

michelle21689
Contributor
Contributor

I tried calling and it was a 20 minute wait so I did the callback option. It called me back but then it went to some busy tone. Ugh! I'll try again.

Login to Me Too

michelle21689
Contributor
Contributor

I just tried again and it keeps hanging up after several minutes.

Login to Me Too

michelle21689
Contributor
Contributor

After 45 minutes, I have it resolved. Thanks.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.