Help! I think I bought from a scam company (E Global Central)

MarkoAntonio119
Contributor
Contributor

Hi everyone,

I need some advice please!  I bought an iPad Pro and Apple Pencil costing €1,333 from E Global Central last week.

I really wish I'd done some research on them first! 😫  After several days with no communication or tracking number, I began to get concerned and so emailed them requesting information.  They responded, apologizing for the delay, and said that my order had left their warehouse and was now in the hands of the courier.  The tracking number gave me no courier info -they said it can take 48hrs to update- however, I got suspicious.  Needless to say, it looks like I've made a terrible mistake, because a quick Google shows they are a bad company, with hundreds of complaints about orders never showing up, goods being counterfeit, breaking and not being covered by warranty.  There is the odd positive review on Trust Pilot and YouTube, but I just don't trust them now. 

EGlobal says "In any event that the goods are packed or dispatched, you may still cancel the order due to change of mind; however an administration fee of EUR18 and a return shipping fee will be liable to you and be deducted from your refund. Upon receiving the goods, you may still cancel the order in accordance with our 30 day return policy."

Since the goods are only with the courier, I could be expected to wait another 10 days for delivery (including a possible 3-6 day delay caused by Covid-19).

Before getting PayPal involved, I want to know first:

- Has anyone ordered from E Global Central before and what was their experience?  Am I being paranoid?

- Should I wait 10-16 days for my order to arrive (not arrive) before requesting a refund, or should I contact E Global now and cancel immediately?

- Will I still have to pay their admin fee, if I find the goods to be defective/knockoff?

- If I request a refund now, will PayPal still resolve the issue, if I don't at least wait the suggested time for it to arrive and inspect the items?  Is suspicion of fraud enough of a reason to request a refund?

I'm really stressing out, advice appreciated! 😞

Thanks

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

Mikey123_123
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, just wondering what the outcome was here, I may have also just fallen into this same predicament. Thanks
Login to Me Too

MarkoAntonio119
Contributor
Contributor
It arrived! A few days later than expected, but in perfect condition and it is a legitimate ipad -was wrapped with the Apple seal and the serial number checked out. Been using it since and no problems. I am really surprised given how negative the reviews for eGlobal were. I had opened a dispute with PayPal after 8 days and still no proper tracking info, but eventually it showed up with DPD. I had paid for insured postage, maybe that helped. I guess I'm really lucky, it could easily have been €1300 down the drain. Hopefully your parcel arrives. If you don't get tracking info after a reasonable time, and they don't respond to emails, I suggest opening a dispute through PayPal. They were very helpful and reassuring to me anyway. Good thing I didn't need them in the end.
Login to Me Too

Mikey123_123
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you, yes I ordered an apple tv at the start of the week, paid thru PayPal. Website states despatch within 24-72hrs with delivery in 6-8 days but my order still says a status of processing so I assume it is not even dispatched yet. This evening, I looked them up on Facebook and started reading some horrifying comments. I have already emailed them asking for a refund (which I assume I won't get) and a response by next Friday otherwise I will be opening a dispute via PayPal with them. But fingers crossed. Thanks again for responding....
Login to Me Too

MarkoAntonio119
Contributor
Contributor
If they haven't notified you yet of the dispatch, then you should be able to get a refund. You have to use the ticket system on their website to request one though. They won't respond to emails. Otherwise PayPal can help. Trust me, I know how nerve-wracking it is. I know another guy who ordered a Canon lens from eGlobal and, like my order, it arrived a week later than expected. It was a legit product too. Have faith 🙂
Login to Me Too

TVGPraneeth
New Community Member
The tracking is showing that delivery is delayed due to unforeseen circumstances. Was that same to you also?
Login to Me Too

MarkoAntonio119
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, No, I never got that message. It just kept saying the item had left the warehouse and was with the courier, but they wouldn't tell me who the courier was and the tracking number wouldn't give any information until about 10 days later.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.