Help. I'm a victim of scamming. I want to get my money back.

kaito1996
New Community Member
Hello I am a victim of scammer. And I just my money returned. Last week I made a post on https://www.reddit.com/r/borrow/ for requesting some money and one user wants to help me. He asked for my PayPal email. Then he send me the money. But after that he ask me to transfer the money to another email. We do this two times. I don't know why I didn't realize it. In my mind I thought he's just testing my account if its legit. two days later when I check my paypal account again I have minus balance and two disputes. I ask the guy who transfer the money (scammer) to fix my problem. Initially it was fixed but few hours later my balance back to minus again. That's when I realize that I am stupid. Took me two days to understand what's happened. My email was being used as a payment link to other user to pay for a scam items. I already contacted PayPal for dispute but they rejected it. Can the community help me, please? I can give more proof if needed. Thank you
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @kaito1996,

I'm sorry to hear that you were involved in any kind of scam. If a stranger paid you money and it turned out to be stolen funds, the true owner of those funds likely disputed that unauthorized payment. The victim of that theft would be eligible for the refund. If the payment that you subsequently sent out was a Friends and Family payment, there would not be any protection for the payment because there is no expectation of an item in return for the payment.

It's important never to accept or send Friends and Family payments when the other party is not someone you know and trust, as there is no protection involved with that type of payment.

I'm very sorry that you've had this type of experience.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.