Help! Hacked

Angelisis
Contributor
Contributor

Can I please ask for some help.

after being away for a couple or so weeks I returned to uk to find that not only my PayPal, phone and email been hacked and all passwords changed that PayPal credit had been applied for. 

I contacted PayPal when I got access to another phone. I have found things really hard going trying to get help to sort everything out. I still haven’t got into my email, phone sorted after being transferred to another network! 

Anyway the hackers applied and were given credit of which nearly £1300 has been spent. Deliveries made to a different name and address all credit and mega expenses are made after all details were changed by the hackers. I just can’t get this sorted it’s making me so ill. The stress and worry is taking over my life, I don’t have that kind of money. PayPal has been great for many years but when I really need them I feel no one listening. 

Any help and advice gratefully received. TIA xx

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Angelisis 

First thing's first, report the incident to the authorities:

https://www.actionfraud.police.uk

Then contact PayPal customer service as PayPal Guest, they won't discuss another account while you're logged in from another account:

Click HELP on top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US and select the PAYPAL GUEST option since you are locked out of that account.

Tell them your account was hacked and the email/password/phone info was changed. Then they would ask you information only you would know to verify you own the account.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.