Help Community

Anniebu_9
Contributor
Contributor

I made a purchase with a company which received reciept didnt have a phone number I think it's a fraudulent

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Anniebu_9 

Was it one of these?

Chinese Web Sites or on Facebook easy to spot so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great looking items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Anniebu_9 

Was it one of these?

Chinese Web Sites or on Facebook easy to spot so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great looking items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Anniebu_9
Contributor
Contributor
Yes it was
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Anniebu_9 

How do I open a dispute with a seller when a purchase goes wrong?

You can open a dispute in the Resolution Centre of your PayPal account within 180 days of payment if:
•You don’t receive the item
•You receive an item but it’s significantly different than the description on eBay or on the seller’s website

By opening a dispute, you can communicate directly with your seller to work out a problem transaction.

If you reach an agreement with the seller you can close the dispute. If you're still not happy with the result, you can escalate the dispute into a claim. We'll review the claim and decide on reimbursement.

These steps apply to Personal accounts. If you have a Business account, please log in to see the steps that apply to you.

To open a dispute:
1.Log in to your PayPal account.
2. Click on the transaction and use the resolve a problem option at the bottom of that details page.

Note:
•Generally buyers must wait at least 7 days from the date of payment to escalate a dispute for an item not received
•Where an item has not been received, please ensure you have given the seller enough time before opening a dispute

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/first-dispute

DO NOT CLOSE THE DISPUTE UNTIL YOU HAVE A CLEARED REFUND OR YOUR ITEM WHATEVER THE SELLER SAYS. ALSO DON'T FORGET TO ESCALATE THE DISPUTE TO A CLAIM WITHIN 20 DAYS IF THE SELLER DOES NOT REFUND.

If that does not work then if you funded your paypal payment via a card then contact your card issuer and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Anniebu_9
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you for the help
Login to Me Too

gogagogla
Contributor
Contributor

Hello!
dear paypal: I could freely open a dispute on ebay.com without paypal intervention and also get the seller to offer to return the goods back so that the seller would return the money to me because the part is damaged but: I contacted paypal because paypal are professionals and would not succumb to flaws the laws of sale and purchase and the flaws of automatic robotic responses from ebey.com would not rely and would not expect automatic responses from ebay.com if the seller himself turned off the function of correspondence with him, by the way: you do not think that the fact that the seller turns off the function of correspondence is suspicious letters with buyers, this happens right after I decided to write to the seller and went to the page of letters in ebay.com and it immediately said that: We're sorry we couldn't find an answer for you. Unfortunately this seller is not able to respond to your question. We suggest reviewing the item again to see if your answer is in the seller's listing despite the fact that I have not written words to the seller, this is very suspicious, this seller uses the inaccuracies of the automatic response system knowing that ebay.com will automatically send me the answer is that I have to return the goods so that he will return the money to me and this is not fair, all the more, before buying this car part, I wrote a letter to this seller before buying it so that he checked the product for quality, then packed it well and after that he already sent me this product, but the part was very poorly packed, that is: it was not completely packed and when I opened the box the detail was in the middle of two papers on top and bottom and becouse of this part was a broken, so he didn't even bother to pack the goods well and ignored my request, by the way: he replied to my letter which means that he read my letter! just recently the paypal resolved the dispute in my favor also, that is: I did not return the goods to the seller and the seller returned the money to me, so paypal rely on the automatic responses from ebay.com? ?? I do not understand! there was a precedent from the pipel having decided in this way in favor of me and now it is impossible? this is how to understand ??? I am not obliged to pay for the postage to return the goods back to the seller so that he refund me the money, you yourself will think: is this fair? I cannot return the goods, at I have no money anymore because of the corona virus!please help me!!!please advise me something ...here is what is written on his sales page for this device in the description, there is a photo, please see, it says that: Durable and reliable under extreme conditions
it means that this part did not pass the exam in an extreme situation, that is, in transportation, and if the goods were well packed, then the part itself is of poor quality and in this case the seller is still to blame!Am I reasoning correctly?2021-05-02_145154.jpg

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.