Help! Account closed, don't understand why

fjustiniano
Contributor
Contributor

Hi! My son in Norway has transferred money to me in Spain through PayPal, because I am going to settle the mortgage on my house.

He transferred 2-4.000 euros a couple of times, and I sent it to my Spanish bank account. It's all legal money of course.

The second last time I had to upload some bank statements etc. and explain what the money was from and what for, which I explained as above.

The last time I had to do it again, but with another output: my PayPal now says that I can't use PayPal anymore!

They say I have not obliged to the User Agreement. Exactly what in the User Agreement have I not followed?

The worst part is that they say they will keep my money (€ 4.000) for 180 days! HALF A YEAR!

How can I release this money, and for example send it back to my son?

I am VERY surprised and dissapointed in PayPal.

Thanks.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@fjustiniano 

Paypal holds your funds for 180 days as that is the same timeframe that buyers have to open paypal disputes.
So if no disputes are opened against you in 180 days then you are allowed to withdraw the funds as long as you were over 18 then and the account is in your legal name. Sometimes Paypal request further documentation from you before you can withdraw those funds.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@fjustiniano 

Paypal holds your funds for 180 days as that is the same timeframe that buyers have to open paypal disputes.
So if no disputes are opened against you in 180 days then you are allowed to withdraw the funds as long as you were over 18 then and the account is in your legal name. Sometimes Paypal request further documentation from you before you can withdraw those funds.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

fjustiniano
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for your reply. There are no buyers here. Nothing was bought. It was my son who transferred money to me. He has also confirmed this to PayPal. Neither he nor I could see what we have done that goes against the User Agreement. Send and transfer money, I thought that was the basics of PayPal... So I am waiting for a reply from PayPal to see why they not only limited my account, but closed the whole thing.
Login to Me Too

fjustiniano
Contributor
Contributor
So they reviewed my account again, and opened it up. Problem solved 🙂
Login to Me Too

gilleycoch
Contributor
Contributor

How did you manage to get them to review your account?  I've been sending messages since 11 May but no response at all.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.