Heelp with Paypal/Ebay problem

Johncayo
New Community Member

I paid for an item using Paypal on Ebay. The item has not arrived and the seller is ignoring me. When I try to open a dispute on Ebay, it refers me to Paypal. Paypal is referring me back to Ebay.

Can anyone advise how I get out of this circle?

Thanks.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Jbshetty
Contributor
Contributor
If you haven't received the item and if you have already paid for it and the seller is ignoring you then you can definitely a file a dispute. Open the transaction in your PayPal account and if the payment has already been completed, you will get an option "Report a problem" at the bottom of the transaction you can tap on it to file a dispute. PayPal will help you to resolve this issue. Don't worry you will get your money back.
Login to Me Too

Emily-81
New Community Member

I have exactly the same problem. I purchased item on Ebay, it didn't arrived, tried to contact the seller but I was ignored. I've opened a dispute on PayPal and would like to escalate it to claim. Following the instructions but it didn't work. Do I need to wait any time to be able to do that? Is there any chance to get money back? Thank you. 

Login to Me Too

Jbshetty
Contributor
Contributor
Most claims are investigated within 10-14 days or less. In some cases, it may take up to 30 days (or longer) to decide the outcome of a claim.
Login to Me Too

Jbshetty
Contributor
Contributor
Please go through the below link for more information on how to check the status of your dispute. https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-check-the-status-of-my-dispute-or-claim-faq1852...
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.