Haven't been able to remove account limitation?

Turtles365
Contributor
Contributor

I've tried multiple times to get the issue resolved. For context, I made my account when I was a minor still and thus my account was limited. I'm no longer a minor and have been trying to get my limitations removed for the last 8 or so months. I have gone to the "restore account" page more times than I can count and there's no option for me to supply new or more information, as both options say "completed". Do I need to send an email or message with the information instead? Or is there just no way to fix this? If there isn't a way, I suggest PayPal create a way for future users if necessary, to avoid anyone else going through the hassle I've had to deal with thus far.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Turtles365 

You would never be able to remove the limitations on an illegally made underage financial account.

That stays limited.

However if you contact customer services and ask they 'may' allow you to open another one (not guaranteed as you have already broken their user agreement once).

And you caused any hassle by opening an underage account in the first place.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Turtles365 

You would never be able to remove the limitations on an illegally made underage financial account.

That stays limited.

However if you contact customer services and ask they 'may' allow you to open another one (not guaranteed as you have already broken their user agreement once).

And you caused any hassle by opening an underage account in the first place.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Turtles365
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass 

Thank you for responding (and sorry for a late response) 

I understand that I had tried to make an account underage, and I do regret that and whatever trouble the staff had to go through for it.

I merely wish that I was informed exactly why I couldn't remove the limitations at the time, as the whole thing was unclear to me till reading your response.

Thank you for the reply, the advice, and I apologize if my post had a rude tone to it, by that point I was very frustrated at not knowing how or why I couldn't fix things. I should have kept my emotions out of my post, but now that I have a full, straight answer, I can go about this again in a more professional mindset.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.