Have you called to verify something was legit....

FunSizeForever
Contributor
Contributor

And they gave you the wrong answers.... 

My 10 yr old son wanted to sell his ps4 and Xbox 1 so he could get a newer xbox. For the prior year life has thrown us quite a few obstacles and being on an un-liveable budget, I haven't been able to do anything special for him. I saw this as an opportunity to turn that frown upside down. And see him be excited for a change.

We posted his stuff and got many responses. This one guy replied and said he would use PayPal to pay me and explained the buyer/seller protection. I had never used it before. I was unsure of him and the process, so what did I do... I called PayPal to confirm the whole thing because (and yes, I even used the "S" word) I wanted to make sure it wasn't a scam!!! And if your wondering, yes they do have the recording of that conversation . The guy I talked to said it was legit! He was WRONG! It was a scam!

And now my son has no ps4 and now no money to reinvest! I was thoroughly devastated to have to tell him what happened! He was In tears for days! I didn't have money to make the situation right!I

In all the help menus,it says, "if your unsure, just call us and we'll help you thru the process.

What's even the point of having customer service if the workers won't take 30 sec look and verify What's there. His 5 sec of time to check could of saved us $250 for PlayStation, $85 of my money for shipping and a priceless amount of frustration and heart ache!

It took a few weeks to not be so angry as to take It out on the next person I talked to! So calm and collected, I used their live chat! I asked to speak with some higher up! I felt that I should give PayPal the opportunity to make the situation right, before seeking legal representation!

The person I talked to was actually very nice and patient. They told me:

Worker:
I have successfully arranged a call back from my supervisor and you will get call within 24 hours.

Worker:

I completely understand your point.

Worker:

be rest assured our supervisor will take care of the details.

Worker:
Is there anything else that I can assist you with?

Me: I know one person's incompetence , isn't your responsibility to clean up! I appreciate your time. Thank you again.

me:About how long will it take for a call back?

Worker: You will get the call within 24 hours and you may get it within 7-8 hours.
*end*

Well that was on the 13th... We're still waiting.

Please be aware that scammers are using services not service at PayPal  ( which I reported and haven't seen on there website)one letter difference

Anyone else have a similar prob? Did you get any positive results? If not did anything you do help???

I just want my son's funds for him and my funds would be nice too.

Beyond broke and frustrated!!!! Please help!!

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.