Have I just been scammed? I have already entered in information

mitchbelshaw200
New Community Member

I ordered something from overseas the other night, and therefore wasn't surprised to wake up to a text saying my PayPal is blocked (I just recently had to verfiy my bank in general a week or 2 ago, because of over-buying things online). So naturally I click the link (and check the padlock to be sure) and login to paypal. It then asks me to insert information like my name, address, postcode, etc. The usual stuff.

Then I had to enter the information of my card/main paying method, and having just woke up I complied. After looking into it since waking up more I believe I may have just been scammed. The number that sent me the text was <Removed>, and having realised it didn't say PayPal or mainly the fact its a mobile number; I am now a bit paranoid I've given all my information to a phishing account.  It asked for the security code on the back of my card as well as the sort code, account number, expiry date, etc.

Can anybody help me out?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_JonK

Hello @mitchbelshaw200,

Thanks for reaching out! I'm sorry to hear you're running into into this concern. If you're worried your account may have been compromised, it's important to report that as soon as possible with our Customer Support. They'll be able to review your account for any breaches and if necessary re-secure your account.

Have a great day!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.