Has anyone purchased from <removed>?

Carmenlw3
Contributor
Contributor

I am thinking about making a purchase from this company. They have PayPal as one of their payment options. Has anyone purchased from Whatsmode.com and how was your experience?

Login to Me Too
45 REPLIES 45

panda0214
Contributor
Contributor

Yes I have. Don't do it! They sent me a fake tracking number and would not respond to my emails I sent over several weeks until I filed a claim with the BBB. They did respond right after that was filed and low and behold I received my items like 3 days from that. However, both pairs of shoes were very cheaply made and broke with 2 days of wearing them. I would have sent them back right away for a refund, but I knew I would never see my money. They don't even give an address to return items on the website and don't have a phone number. It says you need to send an item back with in like 9 days of receiving them, but knowing already they don't respond to emails (except for their auto-generated ones from their robots), I knew I wouldn't be able to get a response for a return address back in time to meet their stupid 9 day limitation. It is a big headache - they are a SCAM!

Login to Me Too

Ings
Contributor
Contributor
Any advice on how to get a refund from these shonky ppl. I ordered 3 1/2 months ago and still nothing. No communication, no acknowledgement, nothing. Do not order through these guys!!
Login to Me Too

panda0214
Contributor
Contributor
For a refund they tell you that you have to send your items to China, even though they shipped to you from the US. They will never issue a refund. I had to open a case with the BBB just to get my items. They both broke after one day (sandals). They won’t do anything. Makes me so mad how companies like this can get away with this crap!!
Login to Me Too

DFE1958
Contributor
Contributor

They have a number of Facebook accounts plus Twitter and Instagram and Pinterest not to mention all the review and scam sites where they are listed - go to them ALL and post on every post how bad they are and make sure you tag them and make sure you do the same on your own social media, making your posts public, and hashtag WhatsMode and just keep doing it every day and contact them telling them what you are doing and you will keep doing it until either they go out of business or they do the right thing and refund you AND share this with your friends and every other victim out there.  If we join forces even if they don't do the right thing, we can bring them to their knees.

Login to Me Too

DFE1958
Contributor
Contributor

They have a number of Facebook accounts plus Twitter and Instagram and Pinterest not to mention all the review and scam sites where they are listed - go to them ALL and post on every post how bad they are and make sure you tag them and make sure you do the same on your own social media, making your posts public, and hashtag WhatsMode and just keep doing it every day and contact them telling them what you are doing and you will keep doing it until either they go out of business or they do the right thing and refund you AND share this with your friends and every other victim out there.  If we join forces even if they don't do the right thing, we can bring them to their knees.

Login to Me Too

CherM
Contributor
Contributor

I have never been so frustrated with an online shopping outlet!  I cancelled my order within 24 hours, probably much less from time of ordering.  The message i rec’d back was “we’re experiencing high volume etc, you shipment will be sent etc”. So i immediately responded clarifying it was not to be shipped but cancelled & another requesting confirmation of cancellation”. Kept checking back for my refund.  Been dealing with this for 2 months.  Twice I i was told the refund was being processed....never happened!  Yes, i eventually rec’d the items & had they been worth keeping i would have let it rest but quality / product was nothing like displayed.  Certainly wasn’t expecting high end considering the price but....omg bad!  Buyer beware!  There are far more reputable organizations to order from!!

Login to Me Too

panda0214
Contributor
Contributor

Your story is exactly like mine. They are horrible! I finally ended up getting my sandals after I filed a complaint to the BBB. I tried wearing them one evening and they broke. I had them on for about 3 hours. I emailed them and they sent a canned/generic reply saying they can't guarantee quality from fire and direct sunlight. Whaaaaat?? Horrible. And they of course  have no phone number you can call, and all their email responses are generic and don't make any sense. They need to be shut down. 

Login to Me Too

SassyBird
New Community Member

As soon as I ordered I received an email telling me that they were behind 'because of the holidays'.  This was late Feb.  I messaged several times and got an obviously generic reply.  Fortunately I paid for my order via Paypal so, after another 6 weeks, I registered a dispute with them.  I got a full refund within a fortnight.  I believe Whatsmode to be one of those 'Drop Shipping' companies who don't actually stock or even SEE the product you order, they just order it from another company after receiving YOUR order (and money!) and then you have to wait as long as it takes.  It's a shame as I really wanted my items but I suspect they are available cheaper on another site, I just need to do a Google reverse image search to find them.  However they are winter wear and it's 25 degrees in the UK right now...

Login to Me Too

Manda123456
Has anyone had any luck with PayPal reporting them as a scam? I tried to unsuccessfully! Has anyone received a refund from PayPal after the 5 week period?
Login to Me Too

Effbeff
Contributor
Contributor
I see labels on goods in other retailers showing goods from China etc but places like Next / River Island must have quality checks in place. This company is displaying goods and sending nothing like the photograph. I too was told I needes to post back to China....I took my case to Paypal and they told me I had won my case and I had to return goods before refund. Even though I said goods were not fit to wear / shoddy / cheap imitations. So I had to post back lowering my refund. Lesson learned:- always read reviews and check sellers % which clearly says it all. Good luck everyone!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.