Has anyone else had their account inexplicably limited?

chrometuna
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal "limited" my account out of the blue and gave me several different lame excuses. They demanded a bunch of information, including photo ID
and utility bills showing my address, all of this information they already have as I have had my account for over ten years. They wanted a copy of a bank statement as well, which I will not give them as it is none of their business and has nothing to do with my paypal account and what I do with it.
They wont let me have my money or do anything with it while they "Investigate" and they refuse to give me any clear, honest consistent answers on why
they are doing this. The first excuse was "We noticed some unusual activity on your account", and there was absolutely NOTHING "unusual" about the way
I have been using my account, the same money being sent to me by the same people, and the same money being paid out to the same utility companies.
They say it will take 
Up to five days" to "Investigate" in the mean time my money is locked up in paypal and I am behind on my bills and payments.
They also gave me some excuse about "ebay selling". I stopped selling on ebay over a year ago because of **bleep** ebay was pulling, and pretty much cancelled my ebay account so there is no ebay business for them to be worried about.

Has this been happening to anyone else?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.