Has anyone else had problems with pay pal refunds

bigsyaub
Contributor
Contributor
I am a buyer on pay pal, Recently i bought an item the was a second, and NOT as described. I opened a case with pay pal after the seller agreed with me that the item was bad, they offered a new item but i declined as the quality was really poor. I have been told by pay pal i cant get a refund, and i had sent photos of the item which was a disgrace. Can anyone help me here before i go to my solicitors, as i am within my rights. If i can i will show photos here of the item i was sent. No cant show it
Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@bigsyaub 

Paypal buyer protection is not an insurance policy. In the event of a dispute it is always one persons word against anothers, Paypal make a judgement call and in their opinion didn't seem to think the item was 'significantly' other than described (which it has to be for you to win a dispute).

So you have the option of a credit card chargeback IF you funded your Paypal payment with a card (a must in my opinion) OR if you have enough proof a small claims court action against the seller..........if the seller thinks you are going down that route them may refund you anyway.

I think a solicitor would cost you more than the item is worth unless its a mega expensive item !!

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

bigsyaub
Contributor
Contributor
So pay pal can say that stitching that has not been done right, and is comming away, and half a letter missing from the writing on the item does not warrant a refund from the seller? Both parties got photos from me clearly showing this. The seller even said they would replace them, so how are am I in the wrong? How can i bring someone to a small claims court if they live in Asia. This is clearly pay pals fault and it will be my solicitor claiming against them for not getting my money refunded
Login to Me Too

bigsyaub
Contributor
Contributor
The only thing left i can do is delete pay pal. It has NOT backed me in any way shape or form against a seller who admittedly said the item wasnt good eneough. Pay pal you have let me down big time as a buyer. Good luck people if you have a genuine case because pay pal WILL NOT HELP YOU JUST INTERESTED IN TAKEN YOUR MONEY.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@bigsyaub 

Paypal is not an insurance company or a 100% guarantee of everything, they give you 'some' buyer protection and its up to you to risk assess your transactions.

Sadly if you buy tat from Asia then an item 'not as described' is pretty much a guarantee of what you will receive.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

bigsyaub
Contributor
Contributor
Pay pal DO NOT give buyer protection
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.