Has anyone bought from https://floridacass.site/

EdLo
Contributor
Contributor

I just bought a workout machine and now I see that the site is all f'd up. I wanted to see if anyone has tried to order from here. It's definitely a scam and I fell for it. 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@EdLo 

How do I open a dispute with a seller when a purchase goes wrong?

You can open a dispute in the Resolution Centre of your PayPal account within 180 days of payment if:
•You don’t receive the item OR service
•You receive an item but it’s significantly different than the description on eBay or on the seller’s website

By opening a dispute, you can communicate directly with your seller to work out a problem transaction.

If you reach an agreement with the seller you can close the dispute. If you're still not happy with the result, you can escalate the dispute into a claim. Paypal will review the claim and decide on reimbursement.

These steps apply to Personal accounts. If you have a Business account, please log in to see the steps that apply to you.

To open a dispute:
1.Log in to your PayPal account.
2. Click on the transaction and use the resolve a problem option at the bottom of that details page.

Note:
•Generally buyers must wait at least 7 days from the date of payment to escalate a dispute for an item not received
•Where an item has not been received, please ensure you have given the seller enough time before opening a dispute

DO NOT CLOSE THE DISPUTE UNTIL YOU HAVE A CLEARED REFUND OR YOUR ITEM WHATEVER THE SELLER SAYS. ALSO DON'T FORGET TO ESCALATE THE DISPUTE TO A CLAIM WITHIN 20 DAYS IF THE SELLER DOES NOT REFUND.

If you lose because seller provides a fake tracking number (likely) then post back for more advice.
If the item arrives and its tat the make sure you CHANGE the dispute quickly before it closes to 'not as described'.
If that does not work then if you funded your paypal payment via a card then contact your card issuer and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Also make sure you have activated the below link in case you have to return it.
https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/returns

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@EdLo 

How do I open a dispute with a seller when a purchase goes wrong?

You can open a dispute in the Resolution Centre of your PayPal account within 180 days of payment if:
•You don’t receive the item OR service
•You receive an item but it’s significantly different than the description on eBay or on the seller’s website

By opening a dispute, you can communicate directly with your seller to work out a problem transaction.

If you reach an agreement with the seller you can close the dispute. If you're still not happy with the result, you can escalate the dispute into a claim. Paypal will review the claim and decide on reimbursement.

These steps apply to Personal accounts. If you have a Business account, please log in to see the steps that apply to you.

To open a dispute:
1.Log in to your PayPal account.
2. Click on the transaction and use the resolve a problem option at the bottom of that details page.

Note:
•Generally buyers must wait at least 7 days from the date of payment to escalate a dispute for an item not received
•Where an item has not been received, please ensure you have given the seller enough time before opening a dispute

DO NOT CLOSE THE DISPUTE UNTIL YOU HAVE A CLEARED REFUND OR YOUR ITEM WHATEVER THE SELLER SAYS. ALSO DON'T FORGET TO ESCALATE THE DISPUTE TO A CLAIM WITHIN 20 DAYS IF THE SELLER DOES NOT REFUND.

If you lose because seller provides a fake tracking number (likely) then post back for more advice.
If the item arrives and its tat the make sure you CHANGE the dispute quickly before it closes to 'not as described'.
If that does not work then if you funded your paypal payment via a card then contact your card issuer and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Also make sure you have activated the below link in case you have to return it.
https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/returns

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

AnonX420
Contributor
Contributor
I bought from this site. There are many bad reviews I've found claiming Floridacass.site is a scam. Actually their site just went down with a host error. Floridacass.site is unavailable and I lost $96 that is pending because PayPal is still trying to reach the seller. Disappointed I bought a Hisense 4k UHD 55 inch tv 2020 model and never received a tracking number. Supposedly they were giving out fake tracking numbers to some but I just didn't get one at all. They won't message me back. Tried to contact them through their site and emailing the PayPal owner since the 17th. No luck, no tv, no money back yet.
Login to Me Too

AnonX420
Contributor
Contributor
UPDATE: So floridacass.site went down and they made a new site that's renamed from Florida Online to Talon Online and it's the same exact site just a new one. The link I purchased from was https://hentons.online/product/hisense-55-inch-class-r6090g-roku-4k-uhd-smart-tv-with-alexa-compatib... which used to take you to Florida Online the floridacass.site website and now it's updated to Talon Online which it is now https://talon-athena.online/ instead of https://floridacass.site/ with the same exact looks and everything. If you click on the long henton.online link and when the website loads you click on Talon Online and it will load the actual url link FYI. I have screenshots of the old site and links I purchased from plus a screen recording of the whole purchase. I wonder who is operating this scam?!?!
Login to Me Too

ErikRoar
Contributor
Contributor
Yes, unfortunately, this just happened to me, too, via the new fraudulent talan-athena.online site. I wish that I had been aware! I will have to dispute the $94.50
Login to Me Too

Glimmertwin
New Community Member
Great research AnonX420... im in the same boat as you. However, i didn't pay using MY paypal account (not enough funds) but used their paypañ merchant account. I believe I'm still protected by their policy though. Sure hope i am. Question for you @AnonX430 ... I authorized $96 but my credit card was charged 110, did they charge that to you too? I'm going to give the 7 days kernowlass mentioned... then i will file dispute. I'll update if anything changes.
Login to Me Too

AnonX420
Contributor
Contributor
@Glimmertwin Maybe they charged you for shipping? I have an open dispute and the seller has yet to respond to PayPal before the 29th of November and around December 4th PayPal will be saying something about it whether I get my money back or not. Sure hope everyone gets their money back from this. Guess I shouldn't have been looking up 4k tvs under 150 on Google lol just thought people could trust Google Shopping a little more than that but apparently the wrong sites can fall under Google's recommendations.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.