Has anyone been scammed by the company Shitou Tech?

xraymary
Contributor
Contributor

I was completely scammed by the company Shitou Tech. They are a chinese company that wants you to think they are an American company. You don't find out otherwise until after they take your money and send you a completely different item than you ordered, then refuse to refund your money. Paypal should not allow this company to receive money, as they are aware of this fraudulant company. Has anyone had any luck getting a refund from this company?

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

NL79
Contributor
Contributor
Sorry about the censoring(**bleep**), but PayPal does that automatically. Yes, my father was. I filed a complaint and **bleep**ou wanted to refund 1/2 of the costs which I denied. Now **bleep**ou offers to fully refund it if I send the item back to China. Reading online people still don't get their money back after returning. PayPal states: The refund will be given when **bleep**ou confirmed they got item received. So what if they just say they never got it? I don't trust scammers. Also don't have the feeling I get the money back after sending the item, because the scammer needs to confirm they received the item back. Obviously PayPal doesn't care much considering **bleep**ou is using PayPal for over 2 years to do their scamming practices. The item I bought was 27.xx USD, but the item I got is worth less than 1 dollar. It doesn't make sense to send it back for more then 10 usd postal costs. I use PayPal for many years but I am seriously saddened by this whole situation.
Login to Me Too

xraymary
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you for the reply. It sounds like the exact situation I had. They offered me half the money back. I declined and said I want a full refund because I did not get the item I ordered. What I got was also junk worth almost nothing. I had spent $40.00 on the item. Since there are thousands of people that have been scammed, why would PayPal continue to do business with them? PayPal must know these are scammers. I also hesitate to send the item back because if they were dishonest about what they were selling, they won’t be honest about receiving the item back. I’m at a loss over what to do. Do you know how much it would cost to return something certified to China? In the future, any company I order from that is not familiar must have an American phone number with an American I can ask questions of. Have you decided what you are going to do yet? Thanks.
Login to Me Too

goethe6
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there,

it cost me 20 euros to send back two wothless bottle openers to them, you can however appy to paypal to get these costs refunded (worked for me).

I also payed more so that the package was tracked and I have proff they got it back.

Check the option with paypal to get the cost refunded to send something back, also make sure its tracked.

The question is, even if they get the package, are they honest enough to say what they got back?

Login to Me Too

goethe6
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, I bought a minibar and got a worthless bottle opener.

I applied to paypal to get my money back but the process is taking forever.

I get the feeling they (either paypal or **bleep**ou) are trying to grind me down so I will give up and will close the case.

At the moment the money is irrelavant, I'm going to hold out just for the principle of it.

I sent back the useless bottle opener I got, this has arrived at the company, but I still havent got my money, I have to register a crime in the internet.

This has been going on for 6 weeks, they keep on throwing something else at me to make me give up

Login to Me Too

NL79
Contributor
Contributor
If I want to send the item back it will cost me more than 31 euro. That's even more then I paid for the item so it doesn't make sense. I cannot even find a way to contact PayPal itself instead of this auto complaints case system.
Login to Me Too

xraymary
Contributor
Contributor
I think PayPal is part of the scam. They are all dishonest. I’m not using PayPal anymore. I know three people personally who have also been scammed by this company. There might be some honest Chinese companies but companies like this ruin it. I will not be ordering from any Chinese company again and any company I ordered from I will call first to make sure they are legitimately American companies. You are right. They make it impossible and although I would like to pursue this, I think it will just keep costing more money. Good luck to you
Login to Me Too

xraymary
Contributor
Contributor
I think both the company and PayPal are a bunch of liars. I will not use PayPal anymore and I won’t order from Chinese companies. I’m going to call any place I ordered from to see who answers the phone. If there is no phone number connected, I won’t be ordering. I’m sorry you got scammed also and I understand you wanting to pursue this for the principle.
Login to Me Too

bexrox
Contributor
Contributor
Yes, and I have that exact same story. Sent me something useless for my hard earned money, and kept offering partial refunds (I tried going directly through the seller, then through PayPal - which is beginning to behave like just another scam site). Then I was instructed to send the item back for a full refund. I don’t have the time to waste on playing this game. And yes, this is all part of the scam. PayPal has now closed my dispute. You would think that a supposedly legit company like PayPal would want to maintain a good reputation and vet their selling customers so that their buying customers will be happy. A simple Google search on **bleep**ou will bring up many, many of stories similar to ours. PayPal has no integrity, obviously. I’m so sick of rotten and deceitful people.
Login to Me Too

goethe6
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there,

totally agree with you. I think both paypal and bleep Tech hope you just give up.

I held out to the end, spent 20 Euros sending something back that cost 18 euro to buy, but claimed that back from paypal and got the postage back.

I even had to register a crime with the local police and send in a copy of the claim to paypay.

After going thru all these steps and about 8 weeks, and lots of time on my side, I got a full refund plus the postage costs of send the goods back.

Facebook still seems to showing adds from them, different products with different company names - but when you google the company names in the internet you find bleep Tech behind it all.

In the meantime, if I see goods in facebook that are too good for the price I know who is behind that.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.