Has anybody got items via Facebook from Phaeton Information Technology Co., Ltd?

Jt2528
Contributor
Contributor
So Phaeton Information Technology Co., Ltd posted a fur type round dog so I ordered a large dog bed instead got a baby small blanket. I filled a dispute and worst part is Paypal doesn’t even penalize the vendor instead I have to return item on my dime to China in order to get my $27 dollars back. FYI - I didn’t hit the order button on Facebook but somehow Phaeton Information Technology Co., Ltd put the order thru....so indirectly they committed fraud but Paypal put the problem on me so where is their commitment to the customer. So disappointed and I know better not to order from Facebook although there are good business out there. The advertisements doesn’t show company is from China which I think they should post. So frustrating to deal with issues like this and know you stand alone. 😢
Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

denisenero
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered a swimming pool from them that was suppose to come with a ladder, filter and pump, a ground cover and a top cover, the pool was not the size I ordered and I did not get any of the other stuff. I paid $183 and got a $20 blow up pool basically. I was told to return it but when I went to post office they said it was $300 to send back! How can I do that?? I just want my money back these people ripped me off. Do not buy from CHina, we need to wake up and stop purchasing from them, btw I had no idea it was coming from china until after the fact.

Login to Me Too

Jt2528
Contributor
Contributor
It is so sad that PayPal doesn’t do anything to this vendor as they continue to behavior this way. Penalty is given to customers instead.
Login to Me Too

searchpro
Contributor
Contributor

THE SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME WITH THE SELLER. OUR ONLY RECOURSE IS TO FIND AN ATTORNEY AND FILE A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT PROTECTING PAYPAL CUSTOMERS FROM NOT BEING BACKED BY PAYPAL. BIG LOSS FOR PAYPAL WHEN THIS LAWSUIT IS SETTLED.

Login to Me Too

Jt2528
Contributor
Contributor
It’s so sad that PayPal only does minimal as the vendor is still advertising on Facebook & Instagram their products while not openly stating they are in China😳.
Login to Me Too

LarryB19
Contributor
Contributor

Yes this happened to me-PayPal did nothing to help me, even though I returned what was sent.  I can't understand why PayPal continues to send payments to them instead of warning the many of us who have been treated this way to avoid going through with the purchase>

Login to Me Too

JohnLL
New Community Member

In our case, we did place the order, but never received the product ... and we’re being told we can have a full refund IF we return the never-received item to China.

Login to Me Too

LarryB19
Contributor
Contributor

What this seller has gotten away with doing is beyond belief. They had a misleading ad for garden kneelers from which I ordered 2. They took over 2 months to deliver their package. The package did NOT contain garden kneelers-just 2 small poches that go with the kneelers. When I emailed to complain, they denied being misleading. When I threatened to dispute the charge and asked for an address to return them, they offered to let me keep the pouches and refund just 10%, but gave no address for their return. I replied that the pouches are of no use to me. They then offered a 20% refund that I declined. They still did NOT provide an address for the return of the pouches, so I returned them (at my own expense) to the return address on their package-which was in California. The pouches were received their August 4, 2020.

When I filed a claim through PayPal, the Seller waited till the last available date to respond which was after August4, 2020 and told PayPal that they would refund my purchase price if I returned the pouches to an address in Wuhan, China. Astoundingly, PayPal denied my claim stating I did not provide tracking date for the return when their own records reflect that I did provide it-it just was NOT to Wuhan, China.

Login to Me Too

cantaki
New Community Member

I bought one of the garden kneelers/seat also. I received the small pouch for the side of the kneeler, but never received the kneeler/seat. There was no information with the pouch. And have had no way to contact the company. Ridiculous!

Login to Me Too

William510
Contributor
Contributor

Scam company.

I ordered small statues from this company. They sent something completely different than what I ordered and have refused to either accept a return or provide a refund. I do not understand why Facebook and PayPal facilitate this kind of fraud despite multiple alerts from customers. The only explanation is that Facebook and PayPal more value the small profit they make by facilitating the actions of a fraudulent vender than they value individual customers like us. The less learned from me is to avoid purchasing through Facebook and PayPal. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.