Has Paypal become a fraud too?

markk02474
Contributor
Contributor

I just had a refund rejected by Paypal for a new vendor who never shipped, never sent a shipping notice to me, no tracking number, no response from their customer service via email, and disconnected phone number.

And yet, Paypal claims they had shipping info from the vendor that the item (Canon camera lens and mini tripod) had been delivered. Sadly, that document was never provided to me by the vendor or Paypal. Paypal also made no attempt to verify the shipment with the alleged shipper either, nor use the vendor customer contact info provided me.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

markk02474
Contributor
Contributor

I used their messaging on their web site and tried twitter.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@markk02474 

To submit an appeal on the dispute that was closed, PayPal asks that you obtain a detailed report from the shipper (on their letterhead or some other form of official stationary) that includes the address the seller gave them for the shipment or that includes a statement mentioning your address and saying the item was delivered to a different address.

When you have that, contact PayPal via phone (log on to your account and click Contact at the bottom of the page), via Facebook (send a Private Message to PayPal) or via Twitter (send a Direct Message to @AskPayPal) and say you want to appeal the denial of the dispute based on the shipper saying the item was delivered to a different address. Once it's submitted (you will be provided with directions on how to do that), the dispute will be reviewed further and a determination will be made.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

markk02474
Contributor
Contributor

The (Chinese) shipper does not respond to my emails and their US customer service contact phone number is disconnected. I paid USPS for a detailed tracking log but still waiting. I too would love to learn the shipper, weight, and destination for the tracking number they pulled from USPS's web site.

Paypal does not respond to phone calls, allegedly due to COVID-19. Real companies have people working from home.

I'll try twitter and Facebook, thanks.

Login to Me Too

jeffhelber
Contributor
Contributor

I have also had problem withhttps://boutiquegoodsmall.com/ they sent me an email stating they have no record of my purchase and do not use PayPal, they tell me I must provide an MBA tracking number for them to refer to, no such number from Paypal on this company. Do you have any idea what can be done, I have also filed a dispute and was denied by PayPal and I submitted an appeal. I have not heard back from Papal yet, this was my first time using PayPal and will be my last if PayPal does not resolve my issue and refund my money. I am waiting to hear back my appeal and if it is not to my satisfaction I will contact my bank Chase to report fraud and they will take money from Paypal and return it to my bank account. 

Login to Me Too

oscarfairtex
Contributor
Contributor

The main problem is getting in contact with paypal because nobody is replying to anything at the moment while cases are being closed for no reason

Login to Me Too

markk02474
Contributor
Contributor

Persistence and pointing out how the vendor claimed shipping their order to me two week before I ordered seems to have worked!

Login to Me Too

oscarfairtex
Contributor
Contributor

@markk02474 how did u manage to get into contact with PayPal?

Login to Me Too
Solved

markk02474
Contributor
Contributor

I used their messaging on their web site and tried twitter.

Login to Me Too

oscarfairtex
Contributor
Contributor

I've sent them 2 messages but still no replies to date..sigh

Login to Me Too

jeffhelber
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal has denied my appeal but paid back someone else with the exact same.issue as mine how is that fair or justified. I do iui st.so.not understand why or how payPal can approve one claim and define another with the company.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.