Had a case opened and closed against me back in August and just found out - options?

drjohnny777
Contributor
Contributor

Had a case opened and closed against me back in August and just found out. I just logged in for the first time in months and saw that $262 payment I received for an iphone I sold a buyer on Ebay in February was reversed. The user claimed my icloud account was still attached to the phone - 6 months after he purchased it by the way (even though it was completely wiped). User never reached out on ebay at any time. If there was an issue which I know there wasn't they would have been in contact right away and at worst returned the phone for a refund. Instead they filed a dispute and then kept my phone. I've effectively been robbed of an iPhone. Do I have any options? Not sure about Paypal customer service - so far my experience is that it is horrible. Need some guidance please. 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@drjohnny777 

You would have had an email to say a dispute had been opened and it would have said open case in your paypal account.

You only have seller protection if you respond promptly to the dispute but if you don't respond at all then its awarded to the buyer and they then don't have to return the item.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.