Hackers changed my email, password, security questions and stole 500 dollars.

Bram_Goudeseune
Contributor
Contributor

I have two Paypal accounts:

the first one is my Japanese account (the one I am logged in with right now) and I was luckily, able to change the password, not only after they already used my Paypal to pay for something themselves on my Ebay account. I regained access to my Ebay and am working with the seller to cancel the order they made. The seller has agreed to cancel, so that seems to be taken care off. 

Now, my second Paypal account is a Belgian account, that I created with a different email. 
On September 7th, hackers apparently changed my password, email to log-in, the security questions and used the account to buy 500 dollar sneakers. I didn't notice for so long since this is not an email I use regularly. Now, I'm trying to get back control, but since I can not log-in, I can't  contact the Belgian customer service. 
I contacted Paypal through my Japanese account, but they can't help me, since it is a Belgian Paypal account I'm enquiring for. 
I tried calling the Belgian customer support line, but I either get stuck with automated messages or there is nobody available to talk to because of Covid. 

What can I do to fix this as soon as possible, be able to log back in and try to get my money back? 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Bram_Goudeseune
Contributor
Contributor
No replies yet. So let's hope bumping this thread will generate some comments that can help.
Login to Me Too

Bram_Goudeseune
Contributor
Contributor

Still nobody???

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.