Hacker stole my Sale payment

BurtMaverick
New Community Member

Has anyone had experience and know how I should proceed with this problem? My Ebay account was compromised and they attached a fraudulent email attached to a PayPal account that is not mine of course. I sold 2 item totaling over 800 dollars and the payment from both went to the hacker's PayPal account. Both Ebay and PayPal DO NOT accept responsibility and keep sending me back and forth to each other and blaming each other. So far I have called my local Police and they gave just a case number, and suggested I report it to ic3.gov, which I did today. I want to do whatever is possible, of course,  to recover my funds. PayPal told me to have the buyers dispute the sale and then send me the money, which I did, and then heard from one of my buyers that they (PayPal) denied the claim??!! I would have had a chance to get the majority back, but poor communication or stupidity from PayPal hurt me even worse.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.