Hacker made several unaurthorised transactions and then closed my account

RA42Tulips
Contributor
Contributor

Someone hacked into my paypal account last night and within 10 minutes performed 11 unauthorised transactions and then closed my account.

Today I have been trying to contact paypal to try and get this resolved but can't seem to get any help. Since my account was closed by the hacker, I re-created my account (using same email) in order to simply be able to lodge a complaint. But then the new account does not show any transaction history so the fradulent transactions are not showing up on my account any more.

I typed a message to Paypal customer service in my Message Centre to advise what had happenned and ask for help, and got a notice that they sent me a response. But I can't see any message from them in my inbox in my Message Centre (I have a little red notification that I have an unread message, but when I actually open my inbox there is no message there).

I am incredibly frustrated and can't get a hold of Paypal, or even find a phone number for Paypal I can call. I have tried calling my bank as well and they cannot stop or refund the unauthorised transactions as they say Paypal has to investigate and organise the refunds to me.

What can I do to get Paypal to help me resolve this?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.