Hacked

Dodge2018
New Community Member

On friday evening/saturday morning my wife received numerous emails from PayPal telling her someone has changed her password, changed her phone number, and deleted her phone number. So now she can't get past the log in page to change anything security related because they have taken her phone number off the account to retrieve the 6 digit code. They also have made an unauthorized purchase on her debit card which you all have deemed all clear and won't do anything about it...we need help so we can get this fixed! She has tried since Saturday morning to get in touch with Paypal but with the COVID-19 no one is there to accept phone calls. And since she can't gain access to her account to ask this question we are having to use my account

PLEASE HELP!!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Jpatulot
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello @Dodge2018 . Sorry to kniw what happened. Heres the things. What we sugest first. If you could try to change the password of the account. Then kindly hit the link below. As this will serve as your guide on how to report frauduelent or unathorized transaction on paypal account. 

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-report-potential-fraud,-spoof-or-unauthorized-t... 

Hope this will help you. Stay safe!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5
Solved

Jpatulot
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello @Dodge2018 . Sorry to kniw what happened. Heres the things. What we sugest first. If you could try to change the password of the account. Then kindly hit the link below. As this will serve as your guide on how to report frauduelent or unathorized transaction on paypal account. 

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-report-potential-fraud,-spoof-or-unauthorized-t... 

Hope this will help you. Stay safe!

Login to Me Too

GotHackednohelp
New Community Member
How about when they added an email and Paypal wont help you to regain control of your account you have had for years?!? Then what?
Login to Me Too

Joeyjoejoe76
New Community Member
I’m in the exact same situation. They logged into my account, bought something or sent themselves money pretending to be eBay and when I tried logging in the email and password dont work anymore and it seems nearly impossible to get useful help From PayPal so far
Login to Me Too

Ncall92
Contributor
Contributor
My partner is having the exact same issues, he's tried emailing and calling but he's been hung up on multiple times and noone is responding to his fraud report/email.
Login to Me Too

GotHackednohelp
New Community Member
Me too seems like Paypal is somehow connected to the fraud by allowing it! We contacted the police.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.