Hacked

Vibez1
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all, i have problem. My paypal account was hacked and someone use my account and get over 70$. I start disputes, can i get my money back or i waste time?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Vibez1 

We won't be able to tell you for sure. I see PayPal denying claim as not unauthorized quite a bit when people report these kinds of transactions and so you'll need to have them take a second look in that case by contacting customer service:

Log on, click HELP on top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US or other available options.

Or contacting via social media:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter: @AskPayPal

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Vibez1 

We won't be able to tell you for sure. I see PayPal denying claim as not unauthorized quite a bit when people report these kinds of transactions and so you'll need to have them take a second look in that case by contacting customer service:

Log on, click HELP on top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US or other available options.

Or contacting via social media:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter: @AskPayPal

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

thor17
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I had the same issue, 2 payments taken out of my account and Paypal said exactly this: 

Thank you for reporting this case. After reviewing your case, we found that the reported transactions were not unauthorized and hence couldn't be covered under PayPal Purchase Protection

I got onto the HELP section and submitted and received a refund?  I'm 24.33 minutes on the phone now awaiting a call canter answer to ask why initially I was told it was NOT Unauthorised!! and what to do about not getting hacked again.

Login to Me Too

kimlizares
Contributor
Contributor
Same! No action being done by paypal at all! It's been 5 days!!!! My hacker closed my account so I won't be able to delete transactions!!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Cristina

Hi @thor17 and @kimlizares,

For this, you can contact us. To contact customer service, please click Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website for available options, or reach out by PM on Facebook or DM on Twitter.

I hope this helps.

Cristina

Login to Me Too

revan2200
Contributor
Contributor

Usetedes tienen el sitio caído justo en la parte para reclamar un cobro fraudulento y no responden por vulnerabilidades que son de su sistema de compra. quiero la devolución de esa compra ya que la hizo alguien en el otro lado del planeta y ustedes no verificaron nada ni dieron las herramientas para bloquear eso.

Login to Me Too

charkina
Contributor
Contributor

My account was hacked to i lost $168.80 sgd this is unacceptable just like last time all that was done to complete the purchase is "CONTINUE" I trusted paypal but this is unacceptable the fact not even banks can get back the money.  im still waiting for the dispute i believe my computer had a extension that tracked my passwords. I was quick to receive a notification and stopped him from closing my account. Im never trusting paypal ever again.

Login to Me Too

revan2200
Contributor
Contributor

same here! never trust paypal again or you will be hacked.

Login to Me Too

matt2802
New Community Member

i take it that paypay users are now just supposed to accept that paypal is not very safe and hackers seem to be able to gain access fairly easily and add themselves as a gift address and proceed to make transactions freely, someone gifted themselves 3 times over a couple days from my account which has been trouble free for over 15 years, and if you report this to paypal you are then told that this has been deemed an authorised transaction. You cant actually speak to anybody at paypal which they blame on COVID no doubt and take the governments hand outs but not really provide any service, anyone got any tips on how to reverse gift payments and alternatives to paypal.

Login to Me Too

Michyvon
Contributor
Contributor

Can I ask if you got this resolved in the end?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.