Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hacked

SOLVED
Highlighted
Contributor

Hacked

Hi all, i have problem. My paypal account was hacked and someone use my account and get over 70$. I start disputes, can i get my money back or i waste time?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Esteemed Advisor

Re: Hacked

@Vibez1 

We won't be able to tell you for sure. I see PayPal denying claim as not unauthorized quite a bit when people report these kinds of transactions and so you'll need to have them take a second look in that case by contacting customer service:

Log on, click HELP on top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US or other available options.

Or contacting via social media:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter: @AskPayPal

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Esteemed Advisor

@Vibez1 

We won't be able to tell you for sure. I see PayPal denying claim as not unauthorized quite a bit when people report these kinds of transactions and so you'll need to have them take a second look in that case by contacting customer service:

Log on, click HELP on top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US or other available options.

Or contacting via social media:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter: @AskPayPal

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Contributor

Hi, I had the same issue, 2 payments taken out of my account and Paypal said exactly this: 

Thank you for reporting this case. After reviewing your case, we found that the reported transactions were not unauthorized and hence couldn't be covered under PayPal Purchase Protection

I got onto the HELP section and submitted and received a refund?  I'm 24.33 minutes on the phone now awaiting a call canter answer to ask why initially I was told it was NOT Unauthorised!! and what to do about not getting hacked again.

Contributor

Same! No action being done by paypal at all! It's been 5 days!!!! My hacker closed my account so I won't be able to delete transactions!!
Highlighted

Hi @thor17 and @kimlizares,

For this, you can contact us. To contact customer service, please click Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website for available options, or reach out by PM on Facebook or DM on Twitter.

I hope this helps.

Cristina