Hacked

Inna71
Contributor
Contributor

I have 2 PayPal accounts in two regions, since I used to work in another country. My account, which I actively use now at PayPal, has been hacked. Several transactions were debited from the credit card and  when the card was blocked they immediately closed the account in PayPal. In fact, now I can’t  discuss this issue with PayPal. To the letter I received from PayPal regarding the closed of my account, I replied that I did not initiate the closed of the account. But PayPal  don’t discuss this problem with me, because the account is already closed. Hackers use it. PayPal must immediately forward such information to the unit for investigation.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Inna71,

I'm sorry to hear that your account was used without your authorization and closed. It sounds like you've already reached out to customer service by email and have run into an obstacle because the system is seeing that the account is closed. In order to ensure that you get through to a person who will understand the situation at the soonest possible opportunity, please contact PayPal by phone. Click Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website, then Call us, then call as a guest to get the number.

I hope this can be resolved quickly!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Inna71
Contributor
Contributor

I called the call center, explained the situation. The operator says that for return the money I need to contact the bank, becouse my PayPal account is already closed. And I was recommended to open a new PayPal account. Yes, I wrote a complaint to the Bank. I want your security team to be aware of the problem.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Inna71,

Thank you for contacting support. We appreciate the report. I would recommend following the advice given by the representative with whom you spoke.

When you create a new PayPal account, there are some security tips that will help keep you safe and prevent unauthorized access to your account. Please make sure that the password you select is unique to your PayPal account. If the same password is ever used elsewhere, it is not as safe because the security of that site may not be as strong as PayPal's. You may also wish to run a virus scan prior to the creation of a new account, to make sure there is no malware on your computer, capturing your keystrokes.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.