Hacked on paypal wont refund

lukacvijetic
New Community Member

So at 3PM someone hacked my paypal somehow even tho i do change my password 6 times a year just because of safety and because i've lost a lot before on other platforms. 

A total of 20.00EURO and 19.99EURO was used on a dating app called Badoo. And a lot more on other stuff that i did get refunded. 

I filed for a ticket and they denied my refund claim. I've even contacted badoo support on email and im considering calling them aswell.. 

Can someone please help me understand why this is happening and what happened.

Login to Me Too
26 REPLIES 26

adriango
New Community Member

It also happened to a friend. I will close my paypal account and recomend all my familly and friends to not to use paypal as it not safe compared to credic card. My visa payback my stolen money. PAYpal doesn't payback stolen money and say that you did it inventing facts that are simply not true. they don't investigate they just deny the user version and then bully them to pay. 

Login to Me Too

psiho051
Contributor
Contributor
On September 29, 2020, my account was hacked and money was withdrawn 3 times with 2 cards in a video game store and a fashion company. I immediately reported paypal to stop transactions because someone was using my account without authorization. I blocked my cards at my bank. Paypal sent me a message that they have no proof that someone has used my account without authorization and do not want to make a refund. They didn’t even contact the companies to which they forwarded my money to see which country the goods or services paid for with my money were sent to. PAYPAL IS A FUNNY COMPANY THAT DOES NOT PROTECT ITS USERS, EVEN MORE IT GOES IN THE HAND OF CRIMINALS! I withdrew all the cards from the account and I don't want to deal with that scum. This should be shared online so that people understand that with the help of paypal they can become poor and not be misled as I was and thought my money was safe. I read here that they are sorry, but they do not return the money. Well, I'm sorry I trusted my cards to paypal, and I can put my apologies in **bleep**
Login to Me Too

Temp20240122da
Contributor
Contributor

September 28 early morning someone hacked my PayPal account and did transaction for 3720 CAD. I get into my account immediately by pushing "forgot my password", and then I starting messaging Message Center, but Paypal kicked me out of my account and let pass the transaction. Once I open a case, they sent me a message that my transaction was not unauthorized.

I have lot of evidences: they can track my IP address, they can follow all my messages when I tried to prevent it, but nothing works so far.

Anybody know how to deal with that? I don't believe that we can nothing to do and it is not just 20 bucks that I can forget during the current situation.

Please help!!!

Login to Me Too

psiho051
Contributor
Contributor

I don't think you can do anything. Paypal writes that it has investigated (of course this is a lie by paypal) and that they do not see the unauthorized transaction and thus **bleep** you off. I researched my case and found out that 3 transactions were made by someone from Germany and I live in Croatia. I was able to get a refund for just one transaction by contacting the store and I explained to them that my paypal account had been hacked. From paypal users have no protection which is unfortunate

Login to Me Too

Quinzhee
New Community Member

This happened to me as well.  My wife and I live on a low fixed income.  It's almost Christmas and I'm being charged for something I didn't purchase.  How can Paypal say it was an authorized transaction?  This is more than unacceptable.  I don't even know what the purchase is.  I think a group lawsuit against Paypal is very much warranted.

Login to Me Too

Doyle81
I have had the same happen to me! I had an email saying I’d ordered a plushy for £29 and then it it was on a pre release order and that I’d paid for it and wouldn’t receive it until release! I then checked my PayPal and yes the money had gone and guess what I did no such thing... I immediately reported it to PayPal and they say it’s authorised!!!!! Not by me it wasn’t I am so angry with this outcome I have been a loyal customer to PayPal for many years and I will now be deleting them and never using them again! They don’t look after there customers 😡
Login to Me Too

swabee
New Community Member

Same thing happened to me. Someone hacked my account and bought $480 worth of shoes. PayPal said it was not unauthorized. Well if I didn't authorize it, It is unauthorized. No help from PayPal. They live in Saudi Arabia. PayPal has a security problem and will not admit it. I have removed all my credit cards and will never use PayPal again. It's safer to just use your credit card. At least my credit card notifies me if they see any fraudulent activity and will hold the payment until I verify. PayPal will just let it go through without any concern.  

Login to Me Too

Temp20240122da
Contributor
Contributor

I've reported this case to my credit card, so the credit card took all 3720$ from PayPal and it was refunded.

Then PayPal limited my account and asked my to send the my Photo ID and my new credit card number. The probably wanted to provide it to someone again.

Will never use them anymore!!!!

Login to Me Too

bckb824
Contributor
Contributor
Let’s keep this thread alive to show the evil corporation behind PayPal. Someone opened a card under my name and conducted a PayPal cash balance transfer on my balance of $0. Now I’m out $1200+ and this happened on my damn birthday! PayPal doesn’t give a rats **bleep** about people like us who work hard for their money. They will put you in this automated loophole on customer service online, have you wait 2+ hours on hold to not speak with anyone, and reject your dispute claims stating there is no evidence of fraud. It’s sad... because this is constantly happening and PayPal can simply help victims retrace steps to refunding the right people. Think about all the people and their business selling on eBay, wiped out. Or someone like me who didn’t even know money was drawn out of my $0 balance account unless I logged in to check. I advise all PayPal stockholders to dump them.
Login to Me Too

HollyR1
Contributor
Contributor
I have had exactly the same problem. Account hacked. I received a message saying payment had been sent for $2800 in the middle on the night! I reported my account hacked. Flagged the transaction with PayPal. Cancelled my credit card just incase. PayPal denied the claim with no investigation and refuse to acknowledge account hacked. My credit card stopped the payment as I had flagged it with them before it went out. I now have a negative PayPal balance of over £2500 and they are threatening legal action if I don't send the money to them to clear the balance. Their suggestion-pay it on your credit card and then claim it from them. I have already notified my credit card that the transaction is unauthorised - that's why they haven't paid it. If I now say to pay it I am authorising the transaction therefore can't claim. I notified PayPal with in 3 hrs of the hack and the transaction being made - they still sent the payment and they know who they sent it too! Surely it is thier liability to get it back from them not threaten me with legal action for a payment that I didn't make! Would never ever use them again and recommend everyone to close thier accounts. What is the point of reporting hacking and unauthorised transactions if they just pay them anyway!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.