Hacked nintendo account and stolen money

HarmlessTeddyCZ
New Community Member

Hi everyone,

today, someone hacked into my nintendo account, where I have saved paypal as a primary payment method. He spend about 150e. I have login info, that he get into my account from India etc. I dont know, what to do now. I contacted paypal and will try to contact nintendo, when they open customer service in the morning. But please, people....Do you have experience with this? Damn.  Please, help 😕 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Ra1882
New Community Member
Just happened to me. $200 after a log in from Chile..... I live in upstate ny The key here is to CONTACT NINTENDO FIRST. If you go to PayPal or your bank first it will mark your account as fraudulent and that basically cuts off nintendo from being able to issue a refund because of the fraud status linked to the account Nintendo is aware of this situation and will refund the charges. You just have to give them your serial number from your switch and they can verify it with your account and it lets them see the hackers switch. They will refund 2-3 days and lock out the hackers switch. Make sure that you set up 2 factor for your nintendo account and sign out of all devices from the activity page.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
19 REPLIES 19

maaanddy
Contributor
Contributor
I got that problem too and PayPal denied te claim. I need to pay 200 euro's because I was hacked. So much for hoe save PayPal is suppoded to be. I really do not know what to do now.
Login to Me Too

sparks1
New Community Member

This happened to me, all I did was contact paypal as an unauthorised payment had been made. They froze the money before it left my account and then cancelled the order.

Nintendo is still faffing about, but Paypal sorted the issue within seconds.

Login to Me Too

Isaac_boyd
Contributor
Contributor
Same, Nintendo got hacked back in March and still hasn’t fixed the problem let alone notify the community that they should cut off their PayPal accounts because this is how they are doing it. I contacted Nintendo support and the said it’s under investigation... whatever that means. Here’s to hoping I get my $200 back
Login to Me Too
Solved

Ra1882
New Community Member
Just happened to me. $200 after a log in from Chile..... I live in upstate ny The key here is to CONTACT NINTENDO FIRST. If you go to PayPal or your bank first it will mark your account as fraudulent and that basically cuts off nintendo from being able to issue a refund because of the fraud status linked to the account Nintendo is aware of this situation and will refund the charges. You just have to give them your serial number from your switch and they can verify it with your account and it lets them see the hackers switch. They will refund 2-3 days and lock out the hackers switch. Make sure that you set up 2 factor for your nintendo account and sign out of all devices from the activity page.
Login to Me Too

dbattersby
Contributor
Contributor

Hello! This is a reassuring message. I've prompted nintendo for a refund and they are looking into it but I tried paypal and they have stated it was an authorised payment although my paypal and nintendo account weren't linked. Are you confident I'll get my money back through nintendo? 

Login to Me Too

RedGreenBlue

"The key here is to CONTACT NINTENDO FIRST. If you go to PayPal or your bank first it will mark your account as fraudulent and that basically cuts off nintendo from being able to issue a refund because of the fraud status."

So what do we do if we contacted Paypal first? The first instinct when someone steals your money is to immediately inform Paypal/Your bank, which is what I did. 

Paypal closed my dispute, and unlinked my account from Nintendo with no further action or response. My bank informed me to call them again when the money actually leaves my bank account, so they can contact Paypal to work it out.

But if Nintendo is the one handling this, then what's the solution for those of us who reported it to Paypal first? 

Login to Me Too

Jordonhink
Contributor
Contributor
so my money has been stolen
Login to Me Too

Isaac_boyd
Contributor
Contributor
Hey guys I just wanted to give you a heads up the Nintendo hackers are sending out fake emails claiming to be PayPal and asking for you to log in... if you get ignore it or check who the email is from!
Login to Me Too

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

Do not de-authorise Nintendo. I will need them to be able to refund my money when they resolve this issue

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.