Hacked by kinguin Digital Limited-Denied Refund

AiGlitchy
Contributor
Contributor

Hi so after waking up on February 13, 2021, I realized that $31 dollars had been taken from my account. IVE NEVER SPENT A SINGLE DIME YET ON PAYPAL. Then to no surprise (because i know that PayPal is always on the scammers side) they tell me I can't get a refund. Is PayPal ever going to address this? I've seen multiple people with the same problem.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

EslamSamir1993
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same issue with this company I never heard of that site. never visited that site I don't know how they charges via my PayPal account!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@EslamSamir1993 

@AiGlitchy 

Digital river is an ecommerce payment company. They don't fraudulently take your money. They partner with companies like Samsung, Microsoft, razr, McAfee, avast, etc. If you buy from those websites, your charge may show up as from digital river. They also handle subscriptions. A lot of times what happens is people accept a free trial for a product, like anti virus, and forget to cancel and it auto renews. Be careful what you are accepting.

Check if you had a subscription set up...
Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > "manage pre-approved payments''.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

meia
Contributor
Contributor

I was so shocked that this scammer is so active.

kinguin made an account using your email address, never log in, otherwise in kinguin page they will trace your Ip (of course they used a fake dynamic IP and steal your information from paypal account).

the account security team from Germany frankfurt was so unfriendly and not helpful, especially the female staff named Paula /Pauline or Andria (forgot), they really site the kinguin Verkäufer.

If you want to remove your personal information at kinguin (which created by the hacker), you cant do it your own (And I doubt they will remove it)

they gave you their email <removed> , the staff named Jarek removed> (kinguin staff)

They are really suspicious.

Please do not click the kinguin website and just direct call to paypal and make a police report.

I was so disappointed with the Germany paypal team, Amazon was more helpful and efficient in this scenario. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.