Hacked and No Resolution

CMGriner
Contributor
Contributor

I was hacked, they took $8.18 sent to my bank to see if it would work, then they took $100.72 from my PayPal, they then managed to access my Amazon acct and bought about 6 gift cards for about $50 each my bank processed 2 for $50 before I found out, as soon as I found out I contacted all parties to let them know I was hacked, both the bank and Amazon helped fix and return my funds, yet PayPal is still demanding I pay the $100.72 to them for money that was stolen...I am sorry I have been with PayPal since 2004 never had this issue and just want to know if anyone else has had this happen and if they managed to get things resolved and how? I'd like to keep my PayPal but if they can't see what's happened and help resolve this I don't see how I can keep doing my business through them.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Michael

Hello, @CMGriner. Thanks for taking the time to post your concern here in the PayPal Community Forum. Unauthorized activity is a definite concern, and I will do my best to point you in the right direction.

It sounds as though you have submitted a report to PayPal including disputes for any unauthorized transactions, but it also sounds like the disputes were denied. If so, it might be necessary to provide additional information describing how your Amazon account was used without permission and any other additional details you might have to help clarify the situation.

Please contact PayPal's Customer Service by phone (log on to your account and click Contact at the bottom of the page) or via Facebook Private Message (navigate to https://www.facebook.com/paypal and click Send Message) or via Twitter (send a DM to @AskPayPal).

I hope this is helpful, and I hope the situation is resolved satisfactorily.

Sincerely,

Michael

PayPal_Michael

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.