Hacked account

lenzart
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal does not take this as a serious issue for some reason.

My account was hacked a year ago and the navigation to try to find a solution/talk to someone/report it was difficult to process. I was fuming with rage knowing someone can hack into this kind of account and PayPal didn't elevate or seem to care about the issue.  I went through the standard AI program of what to do and in the end nothing was resolved only that my account was partially blocked and limited. It was very difficult to finally talk to human being. and when I did it was like talking to robot with their "auto responses"

How can you trust a company like this when 1. security can easily be breached 2. they don't give a rats **bleep** to help when you've been hacked.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@lenzart 

if you were hacked......

Click on the transaction in your paypal account and use the 'report a problem' link at the bottom to report it as unauthorised if that is what it was.

An unauthorised transaction means that your Paypal account was hacked and used without your consent.
If Paypal check IP addresses / devices etc and find that it was hacked then yes you should receive your refund.

I hope you changed your password and security questions?
I hope you ran a virus scan on your computer?
I would also be telling my card issuers and bank accounts company that the account was hacked so that they can keep an eye on your account OR remove the financial info involved until things are sorted.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

lenzart
Contributor
Contributor

transaction was not hacked. My account and account details were, including change of address, name,business,etc.

it wont let me change it or even close the account. ANd now since I don't trust PayPal and I despise their customer service I don't want to create another account giving a shred of any of my personal information.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.