Hacked account

Tgreilly55
My account was hacked for 329.99 by someone who bought something from California for 229.99 and paid 100 dollars for overnight shipping to Canada. I love in Virginia and they still told me it was an authorized charge and I can't get my money back. Called my bank and they said there is nothing they can do because it was a PayPal cccount
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

TonyTam
Contributor
Contributor

Change your password first!

Open dispute on resolution center from within your account for this transaction. You have up to 45 days to claim and escalate dispute.

There are chances to return your funds and cancel fraudlent transation!

Take actions from within your Paypal account!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@TonyTam 

@Tgreilly55 

if you were hacked......

Click on the transaction in your paypal account and use the 'report a problem' link at the bottom to report it as unauthorised if that is what it was.

You have up to 180 days to open a paypal dispute.

An unauthorised transaction means that your Paypal account was hacked and used without your consent.
If Paypal check IP addresses / devices etc and find that it was hacked then yes you should receive your refund.

I hope you changed your password and security questions?
I hope you ran a virus scan on your computer?
I would also be telling my card issuers and bank accounts company that the account was hacked so that they can keep an eye on your account OR remove the financial info involved until things are sorted.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.