Hacked account

Latachia
Contributor
Contributor
Someone got hold of my paypal account. They sent themselves $1000 and changed my preferences to Spanish. I don’t speak Spanish! I tried to dissolute it, and PayPal is telling me I can’t because the cash was sent. I’m unable to get a customer service rep, and their not allowing g me to take my banking info off the application. What can I do?????
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

CDAVIS23
Contributor
Contributor

I am currently having the same problem and cannot get customer service to respond via the chat feature. I have been trying to call every number I can locate for customer support and have spent the past 6 hours doing so---and have basically lost 6 hours of my life. This is absolutely horrible. The money is already gone from my bank account (transferred out on 9/12/2020 so it left this morning before I even knew it was pending). My bank has put a hold on my checking account and I have to go through the fraud department there to hope to reclaim my money but that could take weeks and there are no guarantees. When the money left your bank account, did it list as pending to hit your PayPal account??

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.