Hacked PayPal account

RossMalcolm
Contributor
Contributor
Dear Community, I sold two items on Ebay but my PayPal account has been hacked and all the security details behind my PayPal account have been changed. I am unable to verify who I am because security questions don't match what they were. Ebay aren't interested and despite almost 60 attempts PayPal wont help me because I am unable to verify my Paypal account. I fail to understand how such a company can allow this to happen and when made aware just don't care. Every attempt to verify has failed so it's almost like someone has managed to re set my account and so even the historical security questions do not work. Surely there is an answer to this otherwise PayPal just doesn't do what it says on its tin?? If anyone has any ideas then please let me know. I feel like this is my last attempt to obtain my £165 quid. Ps this message is from another PayPal account and obviously not the one that has been hacked. Thanks.
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @RossMalcolm,

I'm sorry to hear that your account has had unauthorized activity! If you can't get access to it, please call PayPal customer service for assistance. A representative can help with this. Click Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website, then Call us, then Call as a guest.

I hope this is resolved quickly!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Roisin3
New Community Member

Phone?  What happens when one is deaf.  It took four hours for PayPal to say the illegal acitivity was authorised without asking a single question.  This was fraud and Kogan refunded the money.  This is bizarre behaviour by PayPal who said go away and don't come back.   Dispute resolved.  Since when is my name Gregorio? Que?  

Nobody deals with its customers as badly as PayPal.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.