Hacked Fraudulent purchase PPal say no

wheat23
Contributor
Contributor

I was hacked and a purchase was made on ebay. Shipped to a totally different address. Was alerted by ebay and paypal. I reset all required information and filed a claim only to be told it was not fraudulent. How do I call or get in touch with better help than a robot

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

wtfarmgirl
New Community Member

Same here. I had maybe $400 worth of purchases online. I would have seen it but my phone was full, so no e-mails were received. Had I gotten the first alert e-mail I could have shut it all down instantly. Found out 5am this morning EST and turned off the card (paypal business card). They thief continued to use it even at 9am this morning, but I'd already shut it down.

All the charges were pending, so I was able to contact a few stores. One was able to cancle the order, JCpenny and Michaels said they can't look it up. Been trying to get ahold of paypal all day, but they keep saying nothing is there. Charges still say "pending", so maybe I turned my card off fast enough?

Oh, and the one copany that was able to reverse the purchase said they had been getting SEVERAL calls about Paypal card hacks in the last 2 days . . .

Bottom line, paypal card is NOT secure! I barely use mine.

Login to Me Too

wtfarmgirl
New Community Member

ok, I finally got through to customer support (live human) and they were able to resolve my issues. It took a looooong time, but they got it done 🙂

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.