Hacked Account

waddellrl
Contributor
Contributor

My account has been hacked.  An unauthorized transfer from my bank account to Paypal cash account for $1000 occurred.  I've changed passwords and security question, and added the two-step verification.  The system will not let me cancel the transaction or remove the bank account the transfer was made from.  In addition, no customer service reps are available to help rectify this situation.  Tried contact thru the messenger with no results. Any other action I should or could take to remedy this situation.

Thanks

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Chef221b
Contributor
Contributor
Your note above exactly follows what has happened to me. Have been trying to talk to someone today to no avail. I can’t even use the message service. Any suggestions.
Login to Me Too

waddellrl
Contributor
Contributor

I've got nothing......tried several time to get a customer service rep on the phone, but the system just hang up on me every time.  Paypal's system won't let me delete the transaction or remove the bank account that the unauthorized transaction used.  I did contact my bank and put a stop payment on that and all future transaction coming from Paypal.  Good luck resolving your issue.  If you find the magic key to these issue, I'd appreciate the info....Thanks!!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.