Hack, fraud, identity theft

Mjksaru
Contributor
Contributor
This is happening to so many ppl. and I want to share how i got out of This nightmare. I disputed unauthorized transaction with Paypal they closed it with no resolution saying there is no unauthorized charge. Then i disputed it with my bank, they protected me closed out my compromised bank account and returned my money bank to a new bank account. When my bank declined the charges from Paypal, paypal then decided to place the amount as a debt in my account. I took this “identity theft” so seriously. Since PAYPAL DID NOTHING TO HELP ME. I reported it to FTC (easy report, just google FTC) (maybe not necessary but i also reported it to my state attorney general office and IC3 since it’s a cyber fraud) i also contacted Equifax and placed identity protection incase hacker more personal info than im aware of. After this I went to the messaging center and i typed exactly this (I’m requesting a call I need to speak to someone about the debt and fraud that happened using my account) i was very persistent after this message with my replies and asked what phone number they will be calling from. they got back to me SAME DAY I explained EVERYTHING i did and how I was the one trying to stop this fraud and they did nothing i told them about all the reports i filled and immediately i get the we will re open the closed dispute you filled with paypal, it will take 10 business days. Not even 4HOURS go by and I received an email that they refunded the amount and debt is removed. PLEASE REPORT THIS TO FTC. Apparently they dont take fraud seriously until you show them you will be taking legal action against it. Btw in the mid of all these i sent MANY emails and MANY phone calls to paypal and i received NOTHING. These fraudster are making MILLIONS out of our money and PAYPAL is doing exactly nothing to prevent it. So make sure you take the right legal steps and Good luck and let me know if i can help with anything.
Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.