HZBC Network Technology Co., Ltd. is a scammer

mmingfeilam
Contributor
Contributor

This is obviously a scam. A while back I saw an ad on Facebook (<removed>) where a transformer toy was able to transform itself via a remote and move. So I bought one using Paypal.  What I got instead is a cheap knock off transformer plastic toy, with no remote, self transformation, or mobility, that doesn't even transform very well. I want to make sure other people don't fall for this scambait and switchbait and switchbait and switch. I found another posting on FB that also mentioned this is a fraud <removed>. This is another site selling this "amazing toy" with the same video I saw. If you read the reviews, there is nothing about self-transforming capabilities <removed>. Please see attached pic of what I actually got, and you will see that it is totally different than what's advertised.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mmingfeilam 

Chinese Web Sites or on Facebook easy to spot so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great looking items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.

HOWEVER you may still have the option to do a charge back if you funded your paypal payment via a credit card.
Also Paypal may contribute towards return costs IF you have activated the below link (if available in your country).
https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/returns

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
19 REPLIES 19
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mmingfeilam 

Chinese Web Sites or on Facebook easy to spot so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great looking items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.

HOWEVER you may still have the option to do a charge back if you funded your paypal payment via a credit card.
Also Paypal may contribute towards return costs IF you have activated the below link (if available in your country).
https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/returns

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

APC0204
Contributor
Contributor
I got mailed a key chain Fighting it now through pay pal
Login to Me Too

rey78521
Contributor
Contributor

same here, this is what i got instead of what was advertised. A very cheap poor quality figure and missing many items compared to what was advertised. Also a Fb ad post. Requesting a full refund from Seller.

joker lame.jpg

Login to Me Too

mmingfeilam
Contributor
Contributor
Yeah it costs the same amount to send it back but PayPal will reimburse you for $30, so you will at least recoup some of you losses. But for me it's a matter of principle, people like that should not be allowed to keep scamming unsuspecting customers.
Login to Me Too

mmingfeilam
Contributor
Contributor

If you send it back, you will need to write it their address in English, this is what PayPal gave me, <removed>

Login to Me Too

ooladokun1
Contributor
Contributor

I am attempting to return item that I got scammed on but the address I have been given for them keeps on coming back as incorrect

Login to Me Too

mmingfeilam
Contributor
Contributor
Yeah I asked PayPal this exact question but they told me that as long as I send it back to the address PayPal gave me along with tracking number, I have fulfilled my obligations. So we will see. Again, $50 is not a big deal, it's the fact that we can't let people like that keep scamming other unsuspecting customers.
Login to Me Too

mmingfeilam
Contributor
Contributor
Just got a full refund since the company failed to answer PayPal's questions.
Login to Me Too

JGLeishman58
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, this company is a scammer. I ordered a radio control helicopter for an X'mas present, which was advertised on Facebook. The advertisement showed a professional looking product. What was delivered was a cheap toy, worth practically nothing. Tacking number was fictitious.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.