HOW TO GET MY MONEY BACK FROM A BOGUS SELLER

cagomer
New Community Member

I made a purchase on March 27 and realized I had been on a fraudulent website.  I contacted Paypal the next day and tried to stop the payment because it was still pending.  Paypal contacted me that same day and said they decided in the seller's favor and ruled against my dispute.  I have waited almost a month, no merchandise, no tracking information, and when trying to contact the seller I found he had given a fraudulent email address.  When I just tried to redo a dispute, I am sent into a loop on the Paypal site since I had previously tried to rectify this.  I have never had this happen before and I can't get any help.  Any suggestions?  Thanks so much!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Ragnar_Lothbrok
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Good day @cagomer 

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

I am under the impression that you initially opened a dispute for an "unauthorized transaction" requesting to stop the payment that was still on a pending status by that time. If that is correct then please be advised that a transaction can't be considered unauthorized if it was made by the account owner themselves. Reason why your case got denied the same day. Also, PayPal does not have a capability to cancel a payment once submitted and I am sorry about that.

On the sidelight, you may want to try contacting Customer Service and check if they can re-open the case on your behalf with the correct reason code - "Item not received" for not receiving the merchandise. To get there, kindly click Contact near bottom of the PayPal pages to see options available to get ahold of a representative.

***If you saw a post that is helpful, kindly give the author Kudos or accept it as a solution. Thank you and keep safe!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.