HNBM Trading Co., Ltd.

LAndres
Contributor
Contributor

Help me understand why PayPal would process payments for a company that is not forthcoming in their advertising and selling practices.

This company advertised a human hair wig that I ordered.  The product received was nothing like what I ordered and was not human hair.  Cheap costume wig.  When I contacted the seller, the disclosed, "The product pictured is not always the product shipped."  Who does that?  Who offers one product and ships another.  That's the classic bait and switch and PayPal gladly processes this seller's payments.  

I submitted a claim and the seller offered to return my money if I shipped the products back AT MY OWN EXPENSE! The merchant did not provide a complete shipping address or a complete recipient name. I believe that was on purpose so the package would be undeliverable, and then I would be out of the funds I spent for shipment and the money spent on the product.  PayPal Resolution Center only offered the ability to upload tracking information and no ability to reply with comments.

I used to think that if PayPal processed payments for a merchant, they did some type of research into the company.  I no longer have that assumption.

Do your homework on these international companies, especially those from China.  These international vendors are not always reputable.  Check Scammers. Check message boards.  Google the company name followed by "negative news," and make an informed decision because you cannot count on PayPal to do that research for you.

Login to Me Too
26 REPLIES 26

Temp20200923d
Contributor
Contributor
  1. Exact same thing happened to me. I order through PayPal thanking and protecting myself and my account information from fraudulent companies but they agreed with the seller.Wanted me to spend more money to send it back to a company that is fraudulent. Looking at all of the complaints on the PayPal community . I don’t  understand  why a red flag has not been place on this company To prevent other.                 buyers from being scammed . I am very disappointed on  how the handle this Situation
Login to Me Too

danny789
Contributor
Contributor
I think we all should contact the better business Bureau about paypal and the situation.
Login to Me Too

Jessica17666
Contributor
Contributor
They got my bank info and drained my account!
Login to Me Too

KayeMonte
Omg...I am so sorry for that. I hope your bank will follow up with the scammers. Surely the bank will make you whole.
Login to Me Too

dionta23
Contributor
Contributor

didn recd trhe item from no post didn sign anything u need to refunf my money

Login to Me Too

carolynperson

The same happened to me. I ordered a wig pictured and received a fake costume wig. They offered full refund if I sent the wig back paying for shipping. This is evidently part of the fraud because they could say that they never received the wig or it might take months to get to them. In any event they still have the money and possibly the wig to send to someone else. I'm not engaging in their game. I filed a claim. Their offer was not acceptable. I'm accepting this situation as a bad deal that I won't let happen again. I'm telling them to keep my money and perish.

Login to Me Too

Temp20200923d
Contributor
Contributor

Well after month of trying to get a human being on the phone I finally spoke to someone. 
He told me my claim was Expired. I asked him if this company was flagged as a fraudulent company he told me know. Imagine that. PayPal does not have a problem with this company . Now I understand why people keep losing money to this company beware they hide behind mini different websites I’m counting this as a lost I give up I will never be refund

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.