HELP WITH FRAUD!

mamadhat
Contributor
Contributor

My account has been hacked and $1000 taken from my checking account linked to my PP.

This is the message I receive when trying through the resolution center.

We're unable to file a case on this transaction.

Since this is money you’ve received, you'll need to contact the sender directly to resolve your issue.

I can't reach anyone on any of the phone numbers, just disconnected saying they can't help via phone and to use the resolution center.

I have contacted my bank, reset my password, removed all card on my account but it won't allow me to remove the checking account.

HELP!!!

Login to Me Too
22 REPLIES 22

dsing23
Contributor
Contributor

Me too! I can't seem to get through to anybody on the phone.  Call your bank and let them know as well.  The first thing I did was change my login info and removed that phone number off of my account.

Edit: sorry.  Just re-read that you already did all of that.  

Login to Me Too

mamadhat
Contributor
Contributor
I wish you luck and have my bank working on it now, but can't reach anyone at PP to help me.
Login to Me Too

mamadhat
Contributor
Contributor
Was yours also in Spanish and the receiver was Pay Pal Cash account?
Login to Me Too

dsing23
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, it was.  It was late last night.  I received 2 emails in Spanish.  That's what tipped me off that something was going on.  The bank doesn't see a pending transfer on my end.  The phone number was (626)-xxx-1978.  I signed on to my account and everything was in Spanish as well.  I had to switch it back to English.  Frustrated that I cannot reach a person in customer service.

Login to Me Too

Midwest97
Contributor
Contributor

Same thing here, received spanish emails this morning and an added phone number to my account. Got rid of the number, changed password, bank put a block on any transactions from paypal (hopefully) have been only able to talk to someone on chat and they said the security department will call me. That was 10 am est, it is now 3 pm and no call. The auto recording says it can't find any transactions that have happened in a week which i find very strange.

Login to Me Too

spcattie
New Community Member

I too am having this problem.  All the same things, my account is in Spanish, $1000, etc.  I have contacted my bank.  I don't know why PayPal cannot/will not assist us.

-s

Login to Me Too

perplexed_user
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for letting people know about this fraud. After reading this I immediately removed all my bank and credit card info from my account. I don't intend ever to use PP again anyway. I was scammed and saw first hand how PP does not protect consumers against scammers. 

Login to Me Too

DD591
New Community Member

Exact same scenario for me too...including the Spanish.  No help from PayPal, so filed a claim through my bank and blocked all Pay Pal transactions.  I'm done with Pay Pal. It took me a year to clear up an IRS issue because related to a fraudulent Pay Pal account and now this.

Closing my account and never looking back.

Login to Me Too

mamadhat
Contributor
Contributor
Can you direct me how to delete the PP account? Thanks so much.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.