#HELP Scammed via Facebook-buying an account ONLIne prep tool #onlineaccount #facebookfraud #fbscam

d1v1n3_533k3R
Contributor
Contributor

So my case is a very basic one to understand and its was one of the classic trick of the fraudster.

So i was surfing facebook to buy an 'ONLINE PREP TOOL COURSE'" for a duration of 3 months and i met this guy on facebook via SELL and EXCHANGE GROUP on FB. Cut to the part of dealing with the guy. 

After some negotiations we finally dealt and he told me to give money via paypal and he will send me account id and password , but as the case turned out after sending him the money via paypal ,he started avoiding me. He tried to make excuse that it will take "HOURS" to change the account email address only after which he will give away the credentials. Now its been more than 24 hours and he is constanly avoiding me and giving diffrent excuses.

My question is what should i do to get back my money or get my money refunded via paypal. This guy is fraudster and even if I ask him he wont give me my money back instead he will block me instantly. Again to highlight i paid the money to  buy an account of "ONLINE TEST PREP COURSE". I paid via a credit card and to his email which he gave to pay the money . Atleast right now i am in a condition where i am talking to him and i dont want him to block me.😭😞

As a proof i only have the conversation i had with him on the messenger and the email id he gave to pay the money which turns out to be a seller named : OCEAN VENTURES. 

However i do have the proof regarding the payment via paypal and its done with absolute integrity and via a legal way. I not a guy who would false claim for my money . I can provide details for the transaction that occured and can prove myself as the owner of the credit card.

PS: Please give a way or step by step solution and don't ask me to go and read T&C's ( which i already read and could not understand).

A big help would be generously appreciated and i would be thankful too.🙏🙏

(Pardon my english)

#FBFRAUD #FACEBOOKSCAM #ONLINEACCOUNTBUYINGFRAUD #HELP #CHEATED #SELLERNOREPLY #FACEBOOKFRAUDSTER

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@d1v1n3_533k3R 

Either party can escalate when its their turn to respond. Its in PayPal's hands now.

When PayPal asks for more info because the case has been escalated and all communication is now only through PayPal, you'll have tell PayPal the truth in your own words: that you were sold login credentials to an online test prep account for (ACT, SAT, or some other test/purpose, be specific) and didn't receive the login credentials via email to use the account, unless the seller knows your IP address to show (and match the IP address PayPal has for you) that you've logged in, you can't provide proof for something that absolutely didn't happen as that would be impossible if not fraudulent. How does one prove one didn't get an email? Does one provide a screenshot of one's email inbox? How does one prove they didn't log on to a site? Do you keep logs of your actions on your device/browser?

I've seen similar cases go either way but should you lose the PayPal dispute, you can appeal and have it reviewed and if that doesn't work and you paid with credit card, try disputing through card issuer as your last resort.

Another approach is to change PayPal claim reason to Significantly not as described, saying that login is missing/not provided from your purchase, on appeal. The drawback of that is PayPal will ask you to return item for a refund so you must make it clear this is for digital goods/service as can't return  it with a tracking number.

To appeal your case if necessary, please contact customer service for assistance:

1. Log on.
  2. Click HELP at the top menu.
  3. Scroll down and click CONTACT US.
  4. Scroll down to click CALL US or other contact options.

Or contact via social media:

Facebook (India): https://www.facebook.com/PayPalIN/

Facebook (US): https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter (US): @AskPayPal

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@d1v1n3_533k3R 

1. Locate and click payment transaction in your PayPal account activity
  2. Click "Report a problem" 
  3. Click “I didn't receive an item I purchased”.

If the status of your payment is "Money Sent", there is no refund or purchase protection because you sent a friends and family payment which is considered a "gift" payment. You won't be able to dispute it through PayPal but try your disputing through your credit card instead.

Login to Me Too

d1v1n3_533k3R
Contributor
Contributor

@sharpiemarker 

Well it says in the activity "Payment Sent" ....what does that considered into . How much time will it take when i start a dispute with seller . Will paypal contact me directly ?

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@d1v1n3_533k3R 

If transaction status is "Payment Sent", then go ahead with filing an Item Not Received dispute:

1. Locate and click payment transaction in your PayPal account activity
  2. Click "Report a problem" 
  3. Click “I didn't receive an item I purchased”.

File your case through the steps above or through the Resolution Center and then escalate to ask PayPal to step in. PayPal will try to get to a decision within 30 days but it can take longer depending on the specific circumstances of your dispute. PayPal will contact you about your dispute, yes.

Login to Me Too

d1v1n3_533k3R
Contributor
Contributor
@sharpiemarker .... thanks for your valuable suggestion . However i also wanted to ask you that i have my paypal region in India and when i paid this guy there was no option such as paying to “friends and family” which you referred to in earlier reply. For the payment what i did was go to “send and request “tab and then i directly entered the e-mail id provided by that guy and then directly paid via the credit card there was no option which said paying to a friend or paying to Someone else . Sorry but i dont have much knowledge about paypal as i am completely new on this platform .
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@d1v1n3_533k3R 

You're welcome.  

Oh yes, correct, for India, its not possible to send (or receive) friends and family payments. Was just trying to cover all the bases so you needn't to worry about this issue then. Your payment will be sent as goods and services no matter what. All you need to do now is file your Item Not Received dispute.

Login to Me Too

d1v1n3_533k3R
Contributor
Contributor

@sharpiemarker your help needed again..🙏🙏

when i started the dispute with seller first the paypal set me up with the seller via a messaging platform . However i expressed my query to the seller. 

The seller responded that he sent the email to me regarding the account credentials which i bought from him . But the fact is i never received them .

And what he additionally did was escalate the issue to paypal from his side. 

How is he able to escalate the issue first while i was the one who first disputed. I had no option which said "Escalate the issue to paypal" while he did it instantly from his side....how??????

And he says he has the proof that he sent the mail and he also told me that  "I logged into the account also "( which is completely a lie as how can i enter without id and password of the account which i bought). He says he can also show these proofs .

Now what should i do next ??

Login to Me Too

d1v1n3_533k3R
Contributor
Contributor
@sharpiemarker ... please help i have the question above already
Login to Me Too
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@d1v1n3_533k3R 

Either party can escalate when its their turn to respond. Its in PayPal's hands now.

When PayPal asks for more info because the case has been escalated and all communication is now only through PayPal, you'll have tell PayPal the truth in your own words: that you were sold login credentials to an online test prep account for (ACT, SAT, or some other test/purpose, be specific) and didn't receive the login credentials via email to use the account, unless the seller knows your IP address to show (and match the IP address PayPal has for you) that you've logged in, you can't provide proof for something that absolutely didn't happen as that would be impossible if not fraudulent. How does one prove one didn't get an email? Does one provide a screenshot of one's email inbox? How does one prove they didn't log on to a site? Do you keep logs of your actions on your device/browser?

I've seen similar cases go either way but should you lose the PayPal dispute, you can appeal and have it reviewed and if that doesn't work and you paid with credit card, try disputing through card issuer as your last resort.

Another approach is to change PayPal claim reason to Significantly not as described, saying that login is missing/not provided from your purchase, on appeal. The drawback of that is PayPal will ask you to return item for a refund so you must make it clear this is for digital goods/service as can't return  it with a tracking number.

To appeal your case if necessary, please contact customer service for assistance:

1. Log on.
  2. Click HELP at the top menu.
  3. Scroll down and click CONTACT US.
  4. Scroll down to click CALL US or other contact options.

Or contact via social media:

Facebook (India): https://www.facebook.com/PayPalIN/

Facebook (US): https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter (US): @AskPayPal

Login to Me Too

d1v1n3_533k3R
Contributor
Contributor

@sharpiemarker  Thanks for all the help you have done...

it turns out that seller was a fraud after all and he was doing a nice scam online. According to the advice i did raised a dispute and the case was favored in the seller's side and i was left to all shock . Then when i saw the reason for closing the case it said that it was closed due to "Shipment tracking provided by seller"....i was like HOWWWWWW?

Then i tried to contact the paypal guys via the "MESSAGE CENTER" as everything was closed down due to virus. After exchanging a few dialogues with those guys via the messaging center i tried to convince them that the product was an intangible product   and you CAN'T provide a shipping for something which was digital account. 

They finally heard my side and reopened the case ..(THANK GOD)🙏 ....and in next 24 hrs they solved the case and guess what they ruled it in my favor this time...;-)🤗😚... i was so happy as the cheater seller was rightly done and he paid for what he did...

It was just that first time they didn't even asked me anything and ruled the case in seller's favor and after me becoming more determined to fight the case with paypal and helping them see the  truth which they saw eventually and recognized that the tracking number was all lie and fake.

Again thanks for all your valuable suggestion and ways you described to fight the dispute .

Regards 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.