HELP! SCAM company LitFad will not respond or CANCEL my order!

Violet12345
Contributor
Contributor

I stupidly just ordered $400 worth of merchandise online: https://www.trustpliot.com/review/litfad.com (HORRIBLE NIGHTMARE reviews for this Chinese company, LitFad, SCAMMERS...They sell Faulty/ Dangerous electrical items/ lighting, they won't refund damaged goods, they refuse to respond, most ppl never receive any order)...  

Their T&C indicates that you can CANCEL under "My Orders" while it's still processing. But there is no "Cancel" button anywhere!! (Processing is 7-10 days).  They don't reply to Chat messages (despite having 24/7 live chat). I absolutely MUST cancel before it ships out!! 😭

WHAT CAN I DO TO RESOLVE THIS ASAP, BEFORE THEY FINISH PROCESSING & SHIP MY ORDER?  Payment has already been sent. (After they ship I can basically say "bye bye" to all my money or ever getting a resolution or refund.  😡😡 

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

mollyswiftly
New Community Member

I just fell into the same trap. I'm sorry you didn't get any response here. Have you had any luck? -Molly

Login to Me Too

TheTripleC
New Community Member
Me too. They kept giving me fake tracking info that just confirms a label was made. Also the original tracking website is no longer valid (http://www.17track.net) and they sent a new one which also has no helpful info. They also random refunded $6 of a purchase of over $100 so I could no longer ask for a refund through PayPal. There's no phone support. The chat was not helpful. They only responded 3 times in 24 hours to ask me to cancel my dispute and be patient. I have not heard a reply since I filed a clain. Super sketchy and a scam.
Login to Me Too

Sandyjohnston
I have a similar problem with litfad too. I cut and order for two lights in February. I received only one after 4 Months! And 2nd one which should have been shipped together had never show up as yet. This totally delayed my renovation project. Each time when I email the support team, the only reply is ask me to patiently wait! The whole company is a SCAM.
Login to Me Too

Hh12sty
Contributor
Contributor
Same problem ordered weeks ago paid for express delivery and insurance, still not arrived, looked into company seems a scam in everything you read and that products are dangerous, in contact with Litfad same generic email asking to lift dispute I have with PayPal, PayPal need to look into this company as they have complaint from all over the world with awful reviews and dangerous products. If PayPal don't cease trading with this company they could be looking at a lawsuit if someone is injured using these products and have already been made aware my numerous retailers. I will see what PayPal have to say and will let you know the outcome hopefully they will do the right and correct thing so no one else has to suffer.
Login to Me Too

Violet12345
Contributor
Contributor

***** UPDATE *****

I hadn't had a chance to update here, my apologies for the late reply. Fortunately, I was able to get a full refund. I kept writing them & saying I needed to cancel urgently due to major emergency (leaving country). I also said I wouldn't be at the address to receive my order & that I was "expecting a full refund".  I put this request to their email address (<removed>)

** (Note this was around the time of Chinese New Year with major order delays, and it was BEFORE the order had even processed, so it was not ready to ship out) However, it was past the 48 hour deadline.

After much BS back & forth, they first offered a 5% discount if I kept the order, (which I refused). After several days delay, They confirmed (in writing) that they would refund me 100% of my order with the amount. Then they refunded me (for only half the amount). So bugged them again, and they refunded the remaining within a week.

I do hope others here end up as lucky! I was sooooooo relieved, but learned my lesson NEVER to order from any website without checking Trustpilot reviews & doing more research beforehand. There are waaaaaay too many shady outfits getting away with this nowadays! I hate to give more $$$ to Amazon, but at least you have a money-back guarantee as well as fast shipping!

Login to Me Too

Violet12345
Contributor
Contributor

Look here, THEY LITERALLY DELETED THE full name from their Trustpilot profile page...

If you click on the link, the company name now says "li" (instead of LitFad). 

They are unclaiming due to the reviews I'm sure, and trying to delete them.  So now, when people Google LitFad, these 1400+ scathing reviews will not come up!

https://www.trustpliot.com/review/litfad.com

Login to Me Too

Hh12sty
Contributor
Contributor
I believed you were protected by ordering through PayPal there are reviews all over the world on how dangerous the products are from this company and yet PayPal although being warned and asked to look into this company are giving them the time they need to close the company and open up under a different name even though they have been asked to research into them, dissapointe from a big supporter of paypal, hopefully they will come good and investigate further as safety surely has to be a priority?
Login to Me Too

GDJOB
Contributor
Contributor
Had to file a claim with my credit card company for refund/credit. Litfab is a scam company selling junk that doesn’t meet code.
Login to Me Too

GDJOB
Contributor
Contributor
I’m currently having the same issue. Their product isn’t UL listed and quite likely a fire hazard. The input wiring for the light ballast is significantly smaller than required for 110/120 voltage. Buyer beware and very afraid.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.