HELP PayPal are not responding/allowing me to update my case

screechyboy79
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I uncharacteristically ordered a £200+ item online without checking out the reviews on the seller first. I ordered the item on 20th April with a delivery time of 5-8 days.

I raised a case to PayPal after 8 days as the item was not received and I got the following message from the retailer:
"Due to the prices increase in global logistics you need to pay an addition $111 to ship the package, can you accept it?"

At this point i escalated the dispute as it was clear I was not getting the item. PayPal were waiting for the sellers response and then finally it came with a tracking ID and website. According to said site the item was "Leaving China" on the 27th April and it is still "Leaving China" if I log in today... it isnt leaving China is it?

In parallel on there own site I received the following message:

"Do you want to cancel this order?" to which I replied I thought it had been shipped thats what you told PayPal and they responsed "If you close the dispute we will give you a refund".

I have been chatting to @AskPayPal via twitter but they are not longer responding to my messages and there is nowhere in the resolution centre to add this new information whereby they are trying to get me to close the dispute.

Having now read the review on this company I do not understand why PayPal allow them to continue to use the service they should be banned.

I tried phoning PayPal but their IVR cuts me off everytime.

HELP

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

paulmaths
Contributor
Contributor

Messaging system just says responding in 9 mins - nothing happens.

Login to Me Too

screechyboy79
Contributor
Contributor

Does anyone know how to speak to a human being about this case?

The Seller is now advising me to cancel the dispute so they can give me a refund.

The Seller is telling PayPal its been shipped (including bogus tracking details).

I am unable to update my dispute with fresh information or contact anyone at PayPal for support.

Login to Me Too

paulmaths
Contributor
Contributor

Persevered with the "Message Us" chat window and finally got reply and a resolution. Took a day. Don't end the conversation just close the window, log out and return to that conversation later.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.