HELP PLEASE - Unilone Scam

Terri_CR
Contributor
Contributor

Has ANYONE had Paypal decide in their favor in a dispute with Unilone and actually give you your money back?? 

Paypal sided with me initially in the dispute but then said I had to return the item to Unilone

Unilone had already told me to get rid of the incorrect item because they didn't want it back and that they would resend what I ordered which of course NEVER happened

I have been trying to reach ANYONE from Paypal for days!!! Even if I had wanted to I could not enter a tracking number on the dispute page, could not get through to customer service and no one responded to me Messages on that useless feature! So now of course my response time has passed and they have closed my dispute!!! 

Can anyone help me with some info???

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Terri_CR 

In the event of a dispute you need to bear in mind possible return trackable costs before you buy from that seller / item / country because....

Paypal state this >>
PayPal is not obliged to reimburse you for any costs that you incur to comply with any of PayPal’s requests for cooperation for the purpose of resolving the problem (including, without limitation, costs that you incur to return a SNAD item to the Payment Recipient or another party as PayPal requests), although sometimes it may reimburse these costs.

Although they will compensate you for some of the cost if you have activated this at some point before you made that transaction.
https://www.paypal.com/ca/for-you/shop/refunded-returns

You also have the option to do a chargeback via your card issuer instead of a Paypal dispute if you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Sarah900
Contributor
Contributor
Im having the same issue with Unilone Trading Company. Paypal have askedme to ship the crappy product that I did not order back to China at my own expense. Of course I cannot get hold of anyone at Paypal to discuss this and there is nowhere on the disputes page where you can respond to their request. Bloody infuriating.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Sarah900 

In the event of a dispute you need to bear in mind possible return trackable costs before you buy from that seller / item / country because....

Paypal state this >>
PayPal is not obliged to reimburse you for any costs that you incur to comply with any of PayPal’s requests for cooperation for the purpose of resolving the problem (including, without limitation, costs that you incur to return a SNAD item to the Payment Recipient or another party as PayPal requests), although sometimes it may reimburse these costs.

Although they will compensate you for some of the cost if you have activated this at some point before you made that transaction.
https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/FAQ3544 (or equiv for your country).

You also have the option to do a chargeback via your card issuer instead of a Paypal dispute if you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

annekeire
Contributor
Contributor

I'm in the same boat. I noticed there are at least 3 different threads here in the Paypal community dealing with Unilone. CLearly many have been and  continue to be scammed. I paid 31 euros for two lamps. They sent me a box of **bleep** toothbrushes. Paypal says my claim is denied as they received the tracking / shipment details from the company... If I sent back the box of toothbrushes to China I'll be out of pocket even more. What to do?? Paypal is no use and doesn't offer any protection if they get away with this, and clearly they do, for many of us!! copying part of Paypal's reply here:

[We received the claim(s) you filed on 28 September 2020. We have reviewed this transaction(s) and are denying your claim(s). This decision was made because we received shipment tracking from the merchant confirming that the merchandise was delivered.  Dispute Amount: USD 35.97  Transaction Date: 17 August 2020]

If anyone got any result with either company or paypal, would love to hear it also. Meanwhile, is it time to hit the papers I wonder? Clearly people need to know that Paypal is not as secure as people think it is!! 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.