HELP! I ALREADY CLOSED MY CREDIT CARD BUT PAY PAL SUDDENLY BILLED MY CREDIT CARD

MichaelaPadora
Contributor
Contributor

Please Help! 
I just recently closed my credit card last Wednesday and returned it to the bank, but yesterday Facebook suddenly billed me 500 pesos and was credited to my pay pal, BUT my pay pal did not have enough money so the remaining was charged to my linked credit card. But I already closed that credit card. I'm worried that pay pal might have still billed my closed credit card with the remaining 254 pesos. I just loaded my pay pal today and I want pay pal to reverse the payment from my closed credit card and instead charge it here in my pay pal balance but they're not responding to my messages online! Please help!

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MichaelaPadora 

If the card is closed then paypals request for payment should be declined, so then they will try again a few days later and if that again fails they will use any back up funding sources linked to your paypal account.

You could contact them and ask them to use your balance?

Paypal phones are mostly non operational since covid but sometimes you get lucky.
If there is one available it will show when you click help / contact bottom left of Paypal pages for options available in your country.
Live chat is randomly available.
You can send them a message.
Or have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Leanch82
Contributor
Contributor
if you closed that account then PayPal won't be able to take the money from that account. Check the policies but I t think if they can't, they try again in a few days and then they try your back up method. Add your new account to your wallet and when they try to pull the money they will have the correct account information to pull from
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Leanch82 

Why are you choosing to repeat the advice i have already given 2 weeks before you?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.