HELP! FRAUDULENT WEBSITE

Ehatter72
Contributor
Contributor
Ok so I visited a website lielietee.live and attempted to order a video game. Once I realized the website was fake I contacted PayPal and I formed them I've never received the game. The seller gave PayPal a ups tracking # that says the item was delivered the day after I ordered it (UPS is never that fast espically only for $2.99 shipping)and that the package was 5.38 lbs (for a video game?) So is it safe to say I'm out my $35 or should I pursue this further thru PayPal? Any help or advice would help me greatly thanks in advance!
Login to Me Too
60 REPLIES 60

Ehatter72
Contributor
Contributor
@charliemccrady1 Yup same guy got me I too ordered the modern warfare game lol $29 + tax and shipping 🤣 address says company is in Virgina Beach VA and the 519 area code I assumed was a Virgina area code except when I called it some guy in Canada picked up and said "hello" I asked if it was customer service? He said nope that website is fake and they used my number and I'm getting hundreds of calls per week! I emailed and they are all getting sent back as undeliverable .... So I just went on to PayPal Facebook page and UPS Facebook page and publicly made them aware of the situation in a long lengthy post and what do you know I get a email literally 2 mins after stating they are refunding me my money! I am grateful but more than that I want them to ban these account because they are getting so many people
Login to Me Too

charliemccrady1
Contributor
Contributor

@Ehatter72  Where is the Facebook post? I've looked for it, but I can't find it.

Login to Me Too

Ehatter72
Contributor
Contributor
It's under there post with the message from the CEO .... Guess that's why I got such a quick response
Login to Me Too

hqn82
Contributor
Contributor

@Ehatter72 I did some digging as well and yes this is an elaborate scheme they running. The scam site somehow are able to get tracking numbers that match the buyer's city. The city match up but the address does not. My tracking number I found was from Torrance, CA and not from their warehouse in Virginia Beach, VA.  haven't been able to reach UPS to find the addressed associated with the tracking number I got. I dont know how paypal does not see this. So frustrating!!!

Login to Me Too

Ehatter72
Contributor
Contributor
@hqn82 good luck UPS won't give up that info I tried at my local store and waited on hold 74 minutes today and got no where with them ..... Yeah it's some elaborate scheme they really put thought into it to know PayPal would ask for the tracking and then to know ups won't give that info up leaves the buyer stuck .... Website is still up and when I search my order # it shows on hold .... I cannot imagine how much money they are making daily off of this scam .... And this has been going on as far as I know since 11/19
Login to Me Too

hqn82
Contributor
Contributor

@Teddy25 Is there anything you can help with this seller?

Transaction ID: 33P52915YR5687314

I have already opened a dispute with paypal regarding the fact this seller is fraudulent. As mentioned by others who have also been scammed, the seller is somehow is able to obtain existing ups tracking number of packages going to the same city as the innocent buyers. UPS will not provide address associated to the tracking number but may provide to big companies like Paypal, if contacted. If you look at my paypal receipt, you will see that I purchased a video game which probably weigh a couple ounces at most. The provided UPS tracking, 1ZR3Y5840309346459, shows a weight of 29.10lbs. It makes no sense whatsoever. I get the ups tracking number is real but it's for someone else who happen to also reside in the same city. I've also tried to contact the seller's email but alway comes back as undeliverable. I also sent numerous emails their support email as well but still have not heard back. If you can, please take a look at our case and help us out. Paypal needs to stop these fraudulent seller/site

Login to Me Too

Teddy25
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @hqn82 

I'm glad that you were able to file a dispute on our resolution center.  Now with regards to the transaction number you just provided right now i do not have the visual of your account but rest assure that our back office who is handling your dispute will exhaust all their resources to help you.  Now for the UPS tracking number that you mentioned,  if you could somewhat get a hold of a document that it was deliver under different address and name that would be great.  As for the merchant side,  PayPal security system has the capacity to detect if this ,erchant is really engaged in fraudulent activities there is a big chances that the case will be decide in your favor and you will be refunded, and what will happen to the merchant is that PayPal will restrict his account so that they can not engaged to do business with PayPal anymore.  I hope i was able to answer your concern.  Kindly monitor your email every now and then because updates regarding your case will be provided via email.

Login to Me Too

Ehatter72
Contributor
Contributor
@Teddy25 That is the problem UPS WILL NOT give out such a document siting "PRIVACY CONCERNS" and apparently this guy(s) aren't getting caught by PayPal's security system because the website that got me is still up, active & STILL ACCEPTING PAYPAL AS A FORM OF PAYMENT! Just very frustrating after alerting PayPal via Twitter Facebook community threads and customer service this is still going on!
Login to Me Too

Teddy25
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @Ehatter72 

Yes UPS due to privacy policy will not provide information but you can ask for intranet documents.  Now you mentioned that the merchant's website is still up and active and still using the PayPal as form of payment, well rest assured that PayPal is doing the best we can to review those cases filed against this merchant and if we found this merchant still doing fraudulent activity we will immediately put restrictions on their account and worst scenario is we will cut our ties with the merchant and they can no longer do transaction within PayPal.

Login to Me Too

Ehatter72
Contributor
Contributor

As per my conversation with UPS customer service I asked for proof that the tracking # wasn't sent to my address I was told no "privacy" then asked for the "intranet documents" used that exact wording and was told she had no idea what that is & correct me if I'm wrong but if they're citing privacy and wouldn't give me the addresses why would they give me a print out from their internal computer system off the ups intranet ..... Now my claim was finally refunded but only after leaving several social media posts regarding this issue and teddy25 I know your trying to help this is not an attack at you just very frustrating knowing the seller <removed> (that's the one in my case but there are multiple names running the same scam) under website lielietee.live is still able to be doing this! Lastly thanks for all your help teddy! Stay safe!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.