HELP! FRAUDULENT WEBSITE

Ehatter72
Contributor
Contributor
Ok so I visited a website lielietee.live and attempted to order a video game. Once I realized the website was fake I contacted PayPal and I formed them I've never received the game. The seller gave PayPal a ups tracking # that says the item was delivered the day after I ordered it (UPS is never that fast espically only for $2.99 shipping)and that the package was 5.38 lbs (for a video game?) So is it safe to say I'm out my $35 or should I pursue this further thru PayPal? Any help or advice would help me greatly thanks in advance!
Login to Me Too
60 REPLIES 60

Teddy25
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @Ehatter72 

Im so glad that your claim was finally awarded in your favor and im glad that i was able to somewhat assist you.  Stay safe as well. Hopefully those other customer will have the same outcome as yours.   Always remember, here in PayPal our main priority is to deliver excellent customer experience to our valued customer.

Login to Me Too

charliemccrady1
Contributor
Contributor
@Teddy25 I was able to get the UPS info, luckily, from my local office. The only way I got it was because I'm an employee of the business that received the shipment (of the tracking info I received). If it weren't for that, I couldn't have gotten it. I submitted a claim and provided the UPS info, my receipt, and my email with tracking info that the seller sent me. If one of us can prove that this vendor is not legitimate, will that be enough to prove all of our issues with the seller?
Login to Me Too

Teddy25
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @charliemccrady1 

That's a good news.  Now to answer your question, Yes, that's a valid proof but as what i said the evidence that you just uploaded will be subject for review and if in case our Review Team found out that it is valid rest assure that we will close this case in your favor and this merchant will be restricted in doing business with PayPal. 

Login to Me Too

millsrg

Hi Ehatter72 - if you have this in a PDF can you please post it here? I am trying to find it but cannot locate it.  I am still being deined by Paypal, even through they know that this is a scam they are still trying to deny people.  It's criminal!  Please if you could post that it would be a huge help!  

Login to Me Too

chrisrimple
Contributor
Contributor

I purchased a boardgame from LieLieTee.Live on 20Mar and received an email confirmation.  On 24Mar, I received an email from PayPal that my item had shipped, with a UPS tracking number.  I was scheduled for delivery on 26Mar, but never arrived.  Checking with UPS, it was "sent with 5 other items to a different address" in the same city where I live, and received by "Pete" - there's no "Pete" at my house.  UPS would not provide the address to which it was delivered.  I emailed LieLieTee on 28Mar (when I discovered the problem), attempted to submit a Support request from their website, and called them.  I eventually reached the poor guy in Toronto, Canada, who's phone number that LieLieTee has put on their website - as others have noted, he's getting hundreds of calls from scammed consumers (but should maybe update his voicemail message so he doesn't have to answer).  After speaking with him today, I've filed a fraud claim with PayPal.  As others have noted, UPS won't provide me with the address associated with the tracking number I was given, but I'm hopeful that PayPal will resolve my claim.  For anyone else in this situation, if your payment method with PayPal is a credit card, have you tried reporting the fraud to your credit card provider to have the charges reversed?

Login to Me Too

Ehatter72
Contributor
Contributor
Spoken to a PayPal employee (and I haven't tried to see if this works but) he said to ask UPS not for verification of the physical address but something stating your tracking number did not go to your physical address. Maybe UPS will give that up since it's not violating anyone's privacy? Then dispute via PayPal if UPS will give up that document. If not PayPal is going to deny your claim without it as they did mines .... I only was issued a refund after going on multiple social media platforms of PayPal & UPS and **bleep** about the situation all while including my dispute # (someone got tired of hearing me and just issued my refund)
Login to Me Too

Teddy25
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @Ehatter72 

I'm glad to hear that after a long wait with regards to the case that you filed was finally decided in your favor and refund was issued.  Stay safe and God bless.

Login to Me Too

Countrymousejen
Contributor
Contributor
Same exact thing happened — and PayPal did nothing. Apparently this is an ongoing scam for lielietee— they look legit and what they do is send a “package” to somewhere within your zip code and it shows as delivered because it only shows the zip code, not the full address. as long as it’s marked delivered PayPal does nothing. It’s despicable conduct all around. This company is completely fraudulent PLEASE don’t give them your money!
Login to Me Too

Teddy25
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @Countrymousejen 

Thank you for taking time out in using Community Forum as your means of communication with PayPal as our phone lines are currently closed due to unavoidable circumstance brought about by this pandemic Corona Virus (COVID19).  I'm so sorry to hear that you also having problem with regards to lielietee merchant and have that impression that PayPal is not helping you on this.  Have you already file a dispute against this merchant?  If No, please do file a dispute and this link might help in filing a dispute https://www.paypal.com/ph/smarthelp/article/i-didn%E2%80%99t-receive-the-item-i-purchased-or-it%E2%8... and just in case you were able to file a dispute and the case was close in merchant's favor do not lose hope because PayPal is allowing you to reopen the case and file an appeal. This could be done by our customer service representative.  I know that you'll be asking as to how would i get hold of a customer service representative since phone lines are not an available options right now. Well, PayPal find a new ways to assist our customer and this is via Chat.  How does it works? Customer must login to their PayPal account and go to Message Center wherein they can find the Chat Support option in which you could interact with our customer service representative as they have the capacity to view your account.   Once you were able to get hold of our customer service representative advise them that you are requesting to reopen the case and file an appeal.  Now what's gonna happen during this process is that we will be giving you ample time ( 3 to 10 days maximum) to present compelling evidence to support your appeal.  One strong evidence would be requesting from the shipping company a document verifying that this item was not deliver in your address.  If you could get that document then i guarantee you that you are going to win the appeal and you will get a refund.  Now as to the merchant we have a security team who are reviewing accounts and we can limit account if seller are not following the agreement policy of PayPal.  Hope that i was able to assist you on this matter.  Stay Safe and God Bless.

***If you find this post helpful, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. Thanks!

Login to Me Too

Countrymousejen
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you so much Teddy I will do this now!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.